Make.org is an independent platform for citizen mobilization acting by direct collection of proposals and the implementation of collaborative projects identified as essential to the improvement of society in cooperation with partners empowered for complementary action (associations, companies, Institutions and local communities).
In an unified Tech team, you work on the front-end of Make.org platform, with React and Scala.js. You are managed by an experienced Tech lead and work closely with the Product team and specifically with its designer.
The main reason for this choice is to unify the whole team around a common language and common technologies. This union encloses infrastructure by having a strong DevOps culture in the team.
Beside this strange choice of Scala, the front-end can be seen as a classical but modern React application.
Finally, Open-source is more than a tool: contributions to existing projects or releases of new projects are accepted and encouraged.
Here is a short list of our Tech stack:
- Docker Swarm
- Gitlab with CI
Strong Candidates Qualifications
- BS/MS in Software Engineering or related field (equivalent experience may be acceptable) giving you a solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design)
- Strong programming experience and knowledge of:
- React and Redux
- CSS and web integration skills
- Willing to learning Scala (bonus if you already have some knowledge)
- You are a great team worker and a great communicator
- A passion for shipping high quality code
- Starting date: ASAP
- Contract type: Full-time, Permanent, On-site
- Localisation: Paris 11, France