Developing Media Networks in over 50 Countries for Constructive Journalism
Created in 2012 by Christian de Boisredon (Ashoka fellow), Sparknews is a social company, at the crossroad between leading media, corporate and social innovation. Our mission is to share inspiring solutions and initiatives to trigger action. Our three main activities are:
SOURCING initiatives with a social impact, evaluating their relevance and identifying their needs.
SHARING these solutions with the largest number possible either in companies during conferences, at events and most importantly with our network of over 70 partner publications. Sparknews created and coordinates two large scale media operations:
- Impact Journalism Day, is the historic media operation with +55 leading media in +50 countries that publish digital sections and supplements reaching 120 million readers (Le Figaro, Die Welt, El Pais, Irish Times, Asahi Shimbun, The Straits Times, USA today, Al Hayat, La Presse, El Watan, Le Soir, AJ+, etc.). For more information, see www.impactjournalismday.com and the following videos: http://bit.ly/1VWM1t9 and http://bit.ly/1OinRnq
- Solutions&Co, with 20 business publications worldwide (Les Echos, Handelsblatt, Kommersant, Financial Times, Hindu Business Line, etc.) around business solutions to climate change. More here: www.solutionsandco.org
ASSISTING companies in their social innovation strategy. The Club de l’Innovation Positive is a meeting place for like minded individuals in large corporations looking for inspiration and connections to transform their activities in view of positive impact.
Main missions for the intern
Be in direct communication with the existing +70 media partners of the 2017 editions of IJD and So&Co,
Assist in delivering IJD: prospecting new titles for the 2017 fifth edition in June 2017 and managing relationships (contact with the editors-in-chief, manage the content with the editorial team, manage contracts and specific needs, widget implementation etc.)
Coordinate related events around IJD: seminars, forums, workshops etc.
Launch an international call for projects for So&Co 2017 and start preparing So&Co
Assist the team in developing digital strategies for media operations
Manage complex documents and databases
- work independently and have strong social skills
- Fluent in at least two of: French/English/Spanish and/or other languages (Chinese, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi etc.) are appreciated but not mandatory
- be interested in the media sector and digital challenges faced by media
- be dynamic, rigorous and proactive, curious and interested in social innovation
Background: International studies/Communication/Business/ Political Sciences
Location: Paris 9e Starting date: March 2017