The intern will support our Hamburg team with the development and delivery of the Rise Above Plastics Campaign in Germany and the celebration of events in relation to this campaign.
This campaign has been designed to reduce the impacts of plastics in the marine environment by raising awareness about the dangers of plastic pollution and by advocating for a reduction of single-use plastics, specifically single use plastic bags and bottles. Key targets of the campaign are citizens, local authorities and private companies (shops, retail companies, beverage producers). Concretely, the organisation of different events in Germany will be a major milestone of the campaign during the internship placement period.
Under the responsibility of the Officers in charge of the Plastics campaign and of the Events manager and in coordination with the team in Hamburg, the intern will:ASSIST WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CAMPAIGNS IN GERMANY:
- monitoring legislation and media,
- identifying trends and opportunities, coalition and partnerships-building,
- translation of materials to German
- helping out with campaign actions
- adapting/developing campaigning materials
in particular with local authorities, associations, sports clubs, media, volunteers from the Surfrider North Germany chapter, private companies and shops etc. and maximise their involvement in the campaigns;ASSIST WITH THE EVERYDAY TASKS OF THE ASSOCIATIONPROFILE:BACKGROUND:
at least Bachelor, ideally Master in environment management, project or event management, communication or any related field.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge and strong interest in marine and coastal environment;
- Organizational skills;
- Command of office suite;
- Native in German, fluent in English, French an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills; Dynamic ;
- Self-motivation and capacity to lead several activities at the same time.
- Experience of NGO work;
- Project management knowledge;
- Communication skills;
- Flexible, proactive and creative profile.
- From 15th January to 15th July 2017, in the Hamburg Office (Germany);
- Internship compensation of 560 euros per month;
- The intern must be a currently enrolled student and be able to provide a university training agreement.