Kamworks registered as Ltd company in Cambodia in 2006 and have since provided solar power to well over 150,000 people. Founded by experienced Dutch solar engineers, Kamworks has the largest track record with both on-grid as well as off-grid solar energy in the country. Moreover, Kamworks products have been exported to Africa, Europe and the Americas. With solar technology rapidly becoming cheaper and with Cambodia's abundant sunshine, the future looks bright!
The software engineer will work on the improvement and evolution of Kamworks' ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning). This system allows detailed monitoring of the steps in the SHS production, sales and maintenance process subsequent better sales training and coaching, reporting, operations management. By equipping all our field teams with a digital tablet we will be able to micro-manage sales and monitor field activity.
Working in a dynamic agile environment,
you will collaborate daily with the project manager, engineers, sales managers
and marketers, as well as customers. You should be a core engineer who cares
about internals of the systems and applications as well as its look and feel.
You should have a strong desire to experiment with cutting edge technologies.
This position is located in Phnom Penh, in Cambodia, and reports to the Project Manager. If you’re a freelancer and would prefer to work from home, we’re also open to the idea, so drop us an email in that case.
- Work closely with the project manager and the
team in designing and creating functionalities that will support the project
- Design, build, and test high quality software in
a collaborative environment
- Deploy code in production
- Change management (training, implementation on the
field, manuals for users)
- Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow
best practices and hit deadlines
- Propose ideas for system
What you need for this position:
- Education level: Engineer/Master students or Bachelor
holder in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive programming skills, with working
- Experience developing and delivering high
- Experience with full product development, from
architecture to production
- Strong team worker, also able to work
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication
skills in English
for the cause: solar energy for rural electrification
- Experience in version control using Git
- Track record of translating ideas into
- Experience in developing and deploying cloud
- Previous working experience in a developing
- Problem Analysis/Solving
- Detailed focused
You will get the chance to work and live in Cambodia, in a social business committed to bring energy access to off-grid communities. You will be part of a great team of Cambodians and international expats, in a pioneer solar company with 10 years of on-field experience in Cambodia.
Start date: as soon as possible, on a full-time basis
Contract period: 6 to 18 months
You will be based in the Phnom Penh office of Kamworks, but could be travelling and staying overnight in the provinces occasionally.