Reality Tours and Travel (RTT) is one half of a dynamic social enterprise that aims at raising awareness and resources to address social issues facing disadvantaged communities. 80% of the profits from our tours go to support the social work undertaken by our sister organisation Reality Gives-- an NGO which runs and supports educational and other projects to improve the lives of our communities.
The organisation is most well known for its award-winning responsible tours of Mumbai’s Dharavi slum - a 2.5-hour walk highlighting the small-scale industries and community spirit in its residential areas and dispelling myths about the realities of urban slum life. In recent years the company has seen expansion to provide numerous other city tours not only in Mumbai but also in Delhi where an office was established in 2014. Three years ago we launched our multi-day Rajasthan and Kerala tours and we intend to grow our tours throughout India further these next few years.
Role Overview – Main responsibilities
- Overall control and responsibility for the company’s offline and online marketing strategy
- Budgetary and strategic control over all marketing expenditure for company
- Website optimisation and maintenance (with support from 3rd party)
- Content writing and account management for Facebook, Twitter and other social media
- Management of booking platforms and channel partners selling our tours
- Media and press liaison
- Networking and sourcing new potential industry, client and corporate partnerships
- SEO development and optimisation
Ideal skills and attributes required (experience in marketing and/or tourism is a major bonus, but enthusiasm and a can-do attitude is even more important!)
- Strong English language content writing skills
- Exposure to website design and SEO
- Creative with strong capability for new ideas
- Knowledge of promotional marketing and business
- Budget management experience
- Quick to learn new skills and prepared to bring a hands-on familiarity to all business aspects.
- You are passionate about responsible tourism and social change
- Be able to work well with people of all backgrounds in an often challenging local environment
- Knowledge of India and the destinations offered (not essential but an advantage)
Salary will be partly dependent on the relevant experience of the candidate and will be discussed further upon interview and any subsequent job offer.