Challenge Prize Volunteer Opportunity at Ashoka UK
Time commitment: 3-6 months full time or part time starting in September 2015
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.
Ashoka is on an audacious mission - to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3200 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth venturers, 100+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com - Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments - schools, universities and organizations - to help them thrive in a world of constant change.
Ashoka Changemakers is an Ashoka programme that uses the power of open challenges and social innovation knowledge – coupled with Ashoka’s network of social entrepreneurs and impact partners – to connect high-potential changemakers in order to accelerate the rate of change for critical social issues. Ashoka UK is in its eighth year of electing fellows and has currently elected 32 leading UK social entrepreneurs to the Ashoka fellowship. Please see www.uk.ashoka.org and www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Challenge Prize Volunteer to support our Global Challenge Prize Manager in managing and coordinating upcoming global partner engagements.
Working collaboratively with technology, community engagement, operational support, media and social media this role will play a key role in supporting our upcoming partner engagements to run smoothly, meet goals and deadlines, and create social impact. In addition, this role will involve research of new and potential partnerships and sponsors for Challenge Prizes in the months to come. We seek a highly motivated, tech-savvy, socially-minded individual to help with the smooth running of upcoming global challenge prizes with two global corporations - one with a focus on healthcare and innovation and one with a focus on sustainability.
Meet The Team:
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK team! We’re a diverse group – who are passionate about the social entrepreneurship sector. We always support ‘out of the box’ thinking and will make sure that you have space to develop your ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects.
Supporting Partner Engagements (45%):
· Project Management Support: Support the design, launch, and day to day operations of partner engagements;
· Research: Conduct research to improve the strategic offer and prize package for innovators
· Relationships: Support in the management of relationships with existing partners
· Impact measurement: Contribute to regular partnership impact reports and the publication of the end of challenge impact study
· Storytelling: Support in putting together Fellows stories and updates for our partners
· Social Media: Provide some light touch social media support to spread the word to our networks about upcoming Challenge Prizes
Business Development (45%):
· Pipeline management: Updating and developing the funding pipeline
· Presentations: Help create presentations and pitches for potential partners
· Research: Analyse funding leads and opportunities
· Network Support: Support in identifying and scheduling meetings with new potential entrepreneurs, network partners and thought leaders
· Salesforce database management: Update funding leads & contacts
· Writing: Help draft funding applications
· Creative work: Creatively input on the programme presentations and fundraising document
· Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
Required Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality research
· Tech-Savvy, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Power Point and Word
· Self-starter, ability to work proactively and independently
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in the citizen sector desired, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.