Time commitment: 2-3 days a week, long term opportunity, working hours can be flexible around school runs / childcare / other personal commitments.
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – Travel Expenses + £5 per day for lunch
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any paid or unpaid position at Ashoka UK.
Ashoka is a global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs – men and women with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, we have elected over 3,000 outstanding social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in 80 countries. Ashoka UK is in its eighth year of electing fellows and has currently elected more than 30 leading UK social entrepreneurs to the Ashoka fellowship. Please see www.uk.ashoka.org and www.ashoka.org for more details.
Do details make your world go round? We’re looking for a new volunteer for a long term position with Ashoka UK, we’d love to meet you if you’re interested in the smaller picture! Here in the Operations team, we know that changing the world depends on getting the little things right and we’d like to find someone who shares this understanding. We’re looking for an organiser, a co-ordinator, someone who finds pleasure in creating order.
The role would involve supporting and managing the systems and processes that keep the Ashoka UK family running happily. From equipment management in the office to co-ordinating strategic guest lists for our events, a lot of the work will orientate around the logistics that enable the Ashoka UK team. We’re especially keen to meet someone familiar with technology, who can liaise with our remote tech support team to keep us running in the UK.
Our ideal candidate would be a serial organiser, someone who is constantly creating a method in the madness. Experience of the social impact / third sector is not strictly necessary.
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK team! We’re a bright, motivated group – who are determined to change the world. We share our successes and deal with our failures together and we’re always happy to hear and implement new ideas. You’ll get the change to be the heart of a large team and work in an environment that celebrates innovative approaches to the world. You’ll also get the chance to meet with leading social entrepreneurs from all around the world, build empathy and teamwork skills, and participate in key events in the sector.
UK Office Management (40%):
· Managing day to day premises issues, ensuring the office is a bright, clean, pleasant space to work.
· Purchasing and maintaining office furniture, stationery, IT equipment and other supplies;
· Monitoring the condition of team equipment and liaising with service providers.
· Co-ordinate service provider logistics, including cleaners, external IT support, grocery delivery.
UK Team Support (20%):
· General errands, including trips to the post-office, room bookings, venue bookings etc.
· Maintaining and supporting our contact management systems.
· Supporting team building activities.
· On-boarding new staff members with the support of the global tech team.
Tech Support (10%):.
· Co-ordinating with global tech support and external IT support partners to maintain and fix tech systems in the office.
· Enabling team efficiency, through supporting the team to diagnose IT problems.
Events Support (30%):
· Supporting the team in strategic guest list management.
· Supporting the logistical delivery of events,
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in creating systems and processes
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented