Prakti is searching for a Project Management Associate to work on a non-paid volunteer basis, together with the Programme Manager on projects of stove development, field testing, and commercial dissemination in the North of India, Bangladesh, Nepal.
Prakti is a social enterprise, which develops and distributes clean and efficient wood cookstoves. Prakti stoves protect forest and environment by reducing consumption of wood as fuel for cooking. They allow significant reduction of fuel expenses. Prakti stoves also protect users health by reducing toxic smoke produced by traditional cookstoves.
· Planning and Strategic thinking for market research and commercial pilots
· Project Management support
· Research, analysis and report writing
· Grant management process support
· Other ad-hoc projects related to streamlining Project Management
· Project Management skills
· Planning and strategic thinking skills
· Excellent research, analysis, written and oral communication skills
· Market research skills
Exposure / Learning opportunities:
· Opportunity to work in real projects dealing with social problems
· Global Market trends and crafting an enticing value proposition
· Exposure to global cook stove markets
The position is non-paid, and we are not able to cover the international transport costs, but we can provide an accomodation on site: flat with kitchen, bathroom, balcony, next to nature.
Lunch is provided every working day: delicious South Indian food!
Great working atmosphere. A team of 10 very nice, passionate, diverse and commited people. Challenging work. Beautiful work location, in the middle of nature. We have good access to internet, and we are close to all you might need: 5 minutes away from the beach, shops, restaurants, other social businesses, foresty area of Auroville.
The office is next to Auroville, unique place of social experiment, with many innovative social and environmental businesses. We are 10 minutes from Pondicherry, former French colony and a medium-size (for India) city with a lot of charm.
Prakti is an equal opportunity organization: female
candidates are encouraged to apply.