Time commitment: 3 months full time starting in June 2015
Location: Ashoka UK’s office at 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9PJ
Volunteer position – expenses covered: London Travel Card Zones 1-2 + £5 per day for lunch
Ashoka is a global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs – men and women with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, we have elected over 3,000 outstanding social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in 80 countries. Ashoka UK is in its eighth year of electing fellows and has currently elected more than 30 leading UK social entrepreneurs to the Ashoka fellowship. Please see www.uk.ashoka.org and www.ashoka.org for more details.
Role and Responsibilities
Ashoka UK are looking for a Partnerships & Business Development Volunteer with an interest in promoting the social entrepreneurship sector in the UK and an aptitude for research, making connections and thinking creatively about partnerships opportunities. . . From funding proposals, partnership pitches to mapping out networks, you will be involved in the various activities of the Partnership team.
Our new volunteer will be helping strengthen the development of our UK programmes and help implement some of Ashoka’s partnerships. We’re looking for someone with a keen sense of detail who will embrace a chance to dive into the core of Ashoka’s activities engaging with various UK fellows, partners and ourcommunities. It’s a chance to get real experience in pitching projects and managing the tools for efficient fundraising.
Each volunteer is also involved in supporting the work that keeps the Ashoka office ticking, working under the supervision of the Operations Associate. This might mean working with our database of contacts to improve Ashoka’s reach, or it might mean helping with the events organisation and working on the day to day office management.
Meet The Team:
You’ll love working with the Ashoka UK team! We’re a diverse group – who are passionate about the social entrepreneurship sector. We always support ‘out of the box’ thinking and will make sure that you have space to develop your ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects.
Business Development (60%):
· Pipeline management: Updating and developing the funding pipeline
· Presentations: Help create presentations and pitches for potential partners
· Research: Analyse funding leads and opportunities
· Salesforce database management: Update funding leads & contacts
· Writing: Help draft funding applications
· Creative work: Creatively input on the programme presentations and fundraising document
· Mapping: map out relevant Fellows projects that are involved in our partnerships
· Impact measurement: Contribute to a partnership impact measurement study and the publication of the impact report
· Fellows stories: Help put together Fellows stories and updates for our partners
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
· Working under the supervision of the Operations Associate, provide day-to-day admin support to the UK team
Required Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality research
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Power Point and Word
· Self-starter, ability to work proactively and independently
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in the citizen sector desired, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.