UnLtd is UnLtd is a charity which supports social entrepreneurs - people with vision, drive, commitment and passion who want to change the world for the better. We do this by providing a complete package of funding and support, to help these individuals make their ideas a reality.
UnLtd Award Winners often tell us that the non-financial support the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono provides, such as mentoring and pro bono expert advice can be equally if not even more valuable than financial awards. At the same time, more companies realise the positive benefits of “giving something back” by setting up or extending employee engagement programmes. As a result, the demand for the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono services is increasing and we have been busier than ever.
The purpose of the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono is to work in partnership across sectors and foster relationships between social entrepreneurs, professionals and peers to improve and inspire positive social impact.
The Volunteering & Pro Bono Coordinator (Corporate Programmes) will play a key role in developing and managing relationships with some of UnLtd’s key partners and stakeholders within the UnLtd Mentoring & Pro Bono programme. The programme will focus on enabling social entrepreneurs to become more sustainable in their operations.
The Volunteering & Pro Bono Coordinator will help to manage and build the network to create a support infrastructure for social entrepreneurs through mentoring and pro bono expertise, group-based training and events and access to virtual platforms.
The Volunteering & Pro Bono Coordinator will work directly with national partners and organisations in the public, private and third sector and build relationships to support the social enterprise sector and eco-system across the UK and internationally.
The post-holder will work with social entrepreneurs, internal and external stakeholders to enhance UnLtd’s resources to enable UnLtd to:
• Scout – proactively seek quality social entrepreneur awardees
• Filter – assess and support potential awardees or decline applicants with ‘honour’
• Engage – build a coaching relationship with awardees that fosters reciprocity.
• Connect – Work with awardees and other stakeholders to leverage resources and increase the impact of social entrepreneurship
• Learn – Foster a culture of learning for self, awardees, the organisation and other stakeholders
• Influence – Actively develop and manage stakeholder relationships at all levels to influence the impact of social entrepreneurship.
Principles of Support – UnLtd works with people by adopting a set of common principles which are:
JOB TITLE: Volunteering and Pro Bono Coordinator (Corporate Programme)
• Build Trust
• Act as Connectors
• Keep Pace with Social Entrepreneurs
• Share Learning
DIRECTORATE:Programmes and Development
GRADE: Band D: £26,654 - £32,805
HOURS: 35 hours per week
PLACE OF WORK: Field Based assigned to Birmingham or Bradford
AREA OF FOCUS: UnLtd Volunteering and Pro Bono Team
DATE: June 2014
REPORTS TO: Volunteering and Pro Bono Manager
TERM: Fixed until 31st March 2015 (with potential for continuation)
INTERVIEW: 23rd July in Bradford
The Volunteering and Pro Bono Coordinator will:
1. Manage and ensure the smooth delivery of an UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono National Corporate programme and support overall aims and activities of the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono Team.
2. Be the National Account Manager for an UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono Corporate programme under the supervision of the Volunteering & Pro Bono Manager. Produce monitoring and evaluation reports for the partner and for internal use, and carry out administration and essential duties as required. Maintain systems, manuals and processes as necessary.
3. Work across the UK matching corporate mentors with social entrepreneurs managing all aspects of the relationships.
4. Deliver mentoring training, a brokerage service and on-going support sessions as part of the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono retention strategy.
5. Work with the UnLtd Awards Delivery teams to ensure careful mentor matches are made based on skills, expertise and needs.
6. Support the Volunteering & Pro Bono Manager in the implementation of a Development Plan for the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono team which fits within the broader UnLtd strategy.
7. Develop and coordinate mentoring and pro bono opportunities, group training and events (formal and informal) and online services both directly and non-directly to support social entrepreneurs and the social enterprise sector.
8. Source and coordinate non-financial support and resources from the public, private and civil society sector to enhance skills and build capacity for the social enterprise sector. Work with the UnLtd Volunteering & Pro Bono team to advance externally sourced support for social entrepreneurs.
9. Lead initiatives that promote knowledge sharing and learning, community affiliation, peer to peer support and access to trading opportunities and resources for social entrepreneurs.
10. Participate in and attend networking events, meetings and conferences to promote our work.
11. Engage in continuous quality improvement and assurance for all UnLtd products.
12. Work collaboratively with colleagues to foster an expert practitioner learning culture and embed learning from research into operations or vice versa to create a virtuous circle of learning.
13. To be an UnLtd Brand Ambassador
14. Work in matrix style with colleagues and stakeholder to promote innovation of UnLtd products, systems and organisational culture
15. Any other tasks and duties that may reasonably be required
1. Experience of developing and managing networks or alumni learning relationships
2. Experience of Account Management
3. Experience of delivering or promoting learning events
4. Must be able to demonstrate success in working effectively with little assistance.
5. A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet challenging investment goals
6. Ability to inject creativity, innovation and insight into proposal development
7. Ability to research and convert data into materials and proposals
8. A strong commitment to UnLtd’s mission and personal or closely related experience as a social entrepreneur
9. Strong interpersonal skills required
10. Superior organisational skills with high attention to detail
11. Numerate and able to develop and manage budgets
12. Confident in using information technology and Customer Relationship Management software to organise and analyse data
13. Confident using various social media platforms for engagement and promotional purposes
14. Confident in analysis and interpretation of data
15. Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
1. A degree or equivalent in a related subject
2. Significant relevant experience with demonstrable success in corporate partnerships including pro-bono partnership working
1. Motivated, committed to social entrepreneurship and with a deep empathy for UnLtd’s work
2. An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development
3. Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterised by significant diversity and constant change
4. Able to prioritise and multi-task, working efficiently
5. Demonstrating personal and professional integrity at all times
6. A self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Possessing a natural authority and ability to forge excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
8. Methodical and well organised, able to manage a complex workload
9. Commitment to continuous organisational quality improvement and assurance
10. Open to continuous professional development and peer learning.
11. Able to embed and promote equality and diversity through their actions and words
12. Able to travel widely within the UK and be willing to work outside 9 to 5 hours, including evenings and occasional weekends
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.