WHAT WILL THE RDA DO FROM APRIL/AUGUST?
The 2014 Research and Development Assistant can be based anywhere in the world and will work directly with the GK United Kingdom country representative and academic advisor team to develop case-‐studies, research, and contribute to the development of the external website and internal online knowledge management system. The primary role of the RDA is to aid in the research process and writing driven by the GK Europe academic team; additionally, other exciting priority initiatives may arise.
EXPECTATIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Case Study Development: Support academic team in publishing suite of case studies on GK social enterprises and organizational development. Note - there is opportunity for RDA to propose independent authoring of relevant subject matter.
- GK Europe Curriculum Development: Collaborate with director and academic team to generate an inventory of relevant readings, videos, content (etc) that can be uploaded on the external GK academic website.
- Organizational Development: serve as the central organizer of
the internal ‘online management system’ that is currently
under initial development. Note that the GK team leverages
cloud based technology and that use of googledocs is a
THE 2014 RDA DELIVERY SCHEDULE
*In collaboration with the GK Europe Team, the RDA will help support the following processes-‐ this is a high-‐level overview only. The team is happy to explore opportunities proposed by the RDA
APRIL/MAY: Transcribe audio interviews from 4 conducted in the field with social entrepreneurs from Februar; Co-develop Internal Management System (IMS); Collaborate with academic team to provide first draft of case study related to topic of choice and assist with the launch and publishing of case-studies on external academic site
JUNE: Assist with curriculum development
JULY: Wrap up independent projects
IS THIS EXPERIENCE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU?
The ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about the goals of GK and excited to contribute to the academic field
- have undergraduate/graduate experience in international relations, sustainable development, organizational development or relevant areas
- be self-starting and entrepreneurial in approach to working with a fast paced, multi-task oriented team
- have familiarity and experience with google site/docs, ‘Strikingly’ and other online web development programs
- possess a track record of accomplished project delivery
- be an excellent communicator and academic writer