Yunus Social Business Global Initiatives
- < 15 persons
Yunus Social Business (YSB) is an international advisory and implementation company focussing on creating social businesses worldwide. A social business is a new kind of organization that combines the strengths of both civil society and the business world. Social businesses have a social or environmental mission – like NGOs – but are financially self-sustainable – like businesses.
YSB was co-founded by Saskia Bruysten, Sophie Eisenmann, and Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, founder of the microfinancing organization Grameen Bank as well as a variety of Social Businesses in Bangladesh and worldwide.
At YSB we are currently a team of around 30 people with backgrounds in strategy consulting, venture capital, entrepreneurship, civil society, and international development. A social business ourselves, we report directly to Prof. Yunus, and we are part of the Grameen network of over 40 social businesses and more than 50,000 employees. Grameen/Yunus projects, in microfinance and in social business, have been implemented in more than 50 countries around the world.
Our main office is in Frankfurt, Germany; our country offices include Albania, Haiti, Tunisia, Uganda, Colombia, India and Brazil. We have two main fields of activity: Implementation and management of Social business incubator fund and social business movements, and Social business advisory services.
Main responsibilities of the Investor Relations Manager
We are looking for an Investor Relations Manager starting as soon as possible, based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The candidate will report directly to the CEO and will be part of the fundraising and investor relations team.
Following duties: Investor Relations (IR)
• Development of the investor relations strategy from scratch for institutional investors and high net worth individuals (HNWI)
• Delivery of investor relations strategy including initiating and managing relationships with potential and current investors, producing regular investor reports and communications
• Developing and executing IR tools such as events, newsletters, investor trips to our countries of operation (Haiti, Albania, Colombia, Brazil, Tunisia, Uganda, India, etc), etc
• Developing an approach for re-engaging existing donors or investors Fundraising & Communications:
• Identifying High Net Worth Individuals as potential fundraising targets, initiating contact and building and managing relationships;
• Coordination of fundraising and networking events, such as: investor lunches, dinners, and round tables with the YSB management team and/or Prof. Yunus, and external conferences and seminars;
• Preparation of funding proposals, presentations for events and seminars;
• Managing and delivering PR strategy with key publications, including drafting articles and blogs, managing PR contacts, initiating and building relationships with key press targets and regular communications to press contacts to make them aware of YSB activities
• Other, more project-specific tasks may also be part of your role, depending on needs and availability.
Candidates should have the following qualities, skills and experience:
• At least two years of experience in:
o Investor relations, private banking, or family office and have an existing personal network
o Professional services e.g. management consulting, banking, marketing, PR, communications
o Client facing and service roles e.g. key account manager, etc with contact with HNWI
• A university degree in economics, business administration, marketing, communications or related fields;
• Excellent relationship builder with senior communication skills, outgoing personality, professional appearance
• Passion for social business and the projects we incubate and invest in
• Sales talent that feels comfortable around senior clients and investors and easily engages people
• Entrepreneurial mindset and independent work style: You should be able to manage projects independently without a lot of guidance and identify and develop new opportunities on your own • Ability to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure;
• Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills, writing skills, creativity and attention to detail;
• Sensitivity to customer needs. YSB works with clients from a wide range of industries and backgrounds, in many cases extremely high level individuals incl. heads of state, corporate CEOs, high net worth individuals; you need to be able to listen and understand customer needs and think outside the box;
• Ability to turn an initial vague conversation into a concrete investment
• Fluent written and oral English; German an advantage;
• Commitment to serving society's needs, a high level of personal integrity and teamwork spirit.
• International travel required