Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to smallholder farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. We have reached over 30,000 farms and over 180,000 people in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer and are on the pathway to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, 2019 Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, 2019 United Nations SDG 7 leader, and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Learning & Development specialist at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for driving our global learning and development efforts for our staff (employees and external) to get them to their best performance!
Learning is a big part of our core values at Sistema.bio: “We grow by learning and sharing.” We therefore have built an internal “Academy” to standardize and strengthen how Sistema.bio approaches training, education and learning within our team, with the farmers we serve and with our partners
We are now looking for someone to take our Academy from basic to great!
You will be in charge of:
- Conducting assessments and analyses of training needs, working with HR country teams to define performance, skill, and knowledge gaps.
- Building a training and development strategy to drive individual and company-wide capability and performance improvement.
- Implementing L&D strategies for all employees efficiently and adapting to our countries and teams’ realities.
- Constantly sourcing innovative and adapted L&D tools and best practices.
- Building processes and feedback loops for constant improvement of our trainings.
- Being the main learning experience specialist for our staff, designing innovative and exciting experiences.
- Co-leading the selection process and implementation for a learning management system.
- Designing and managing employee training plans (through our BambooHR platform).
- Establishing and maintaining individual and organizational performance evaluation methods for training content, delivery, activities, engagement, and outcomes.
- Creating & utilizing metrics to validate knowledge transfer and return on investment.
More about YOU:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in capacity building / L&D / EdTech / training for an organization.
- You are passionate about education and how people learn, especially adults!
- You can see how different people from different backgrounds, cultures and educational experience learn, and are excited by the challenge of serving a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are an expert at scouting and knowing L&D innovations and their best practices. You can teach us new disruptive technologies and methodologies to train and grow our talents.
- You are a super project manager, highly organized and methodical. Nothing escapes you and you leverage your energy to drive the project!
- You have experience in learning and training design: you understand how people learn and can design efficient trainings. You understand linkages between good training, good learning environment and good outcomes.
- You are an excellent communicator, you can coordinate and communicate efficiently with many different stakeholders from field staff to heads of departments. You can rally around your project when necessary.
- You are data-driven and love to measure your performance with clear metrics.
- Fluent English and Spanish (bonus for French and other languages!)
What is it like to work at Sistema.bio
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them.
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities:Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression:We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
Location, travel and start date
- Based in Mexico City, Nairobi or Pune. We will accept remote candidates when there is an exceptional fit for this position!
- Traveling to Sistema.bio regions at times to better understand our employees / stakeholders in general (not more than 5% per year)
- Starting: ASAP