Founded in 2015, Techfugees is an international organization supporting the rights and inclusion of displaced persons through the development of tech solutions designed by, with and for refugees. With an online community of 56K followers and 4,000 active volunteers and partners, Techfugees deploys its projects & programs and events across the five continents.
One of Techfugees’ activities is the #TF4Women Fellowship Program, which accelerates the professional inclusion of refugee women in the tech industry since 2018 in France. The program has contributed to the landing of jobs in tech for 80% of our participants.
ABOUT THE #TF4WOMEN PROGRAMME:
The #TF4Women fellowship programme is an annual programme composed of two-phases.
The #TF4Women Pathway is an online 3-month programme designed for asylum seeking and refugee women looking for an opportunity to develop their digital skills and discover new horizons on the tech job market in France. Through weekly training sessions with professionals in the tech sector, participants will enrich their professional horizon and strengthen their professional decision-making. The pathway is a real springboard to prepare what lies ahead in your job search, with an opportunity to join the #TF4Women Fellowship Programme.
The #TF4Women Fellowship is a 6 months programme and is intended only for refugee women who wish to work in The tech sector, with skills or experiences that are “transferable” in the digital world. Each week, we deliver a unique programme that includes: weekly mentoring & technical training sessions, language courses, administrative and job searching assistance, psychosocial support and babysitting solutions, a professional network of tech employers, on top of a personalised support from TechFugees’ team, volunteers and alumni fellows.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Under the supervision of Techfugees's European Scaling Manager, and in close relationship with the Local Project Manager you will be supporting TF4Women participants' success and managing the ecosystem of actors involved in the #TF4Women programme in France (including associations, public institutions and administrations, in that order).
Overall, you will be responsible for removing all barriers for all participants (trainees, fellows, mentors, volunteers) to engage fully and successfully with the programme. You will work in close relationship with the European Scaling Manager to keep local partners regularly updated on the programme’s results, share progress and participants/fellows’ evolution with the Local Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
1- #TF4Women Outreach
You will be assisting the team to match participants with our programmes in 2021 - pathway and fellowship - based on their needs and expectations, and our capacity to meet them. You will be profiling their individual admin & social needs, as well as providing a mapping for these at cohort level.
- Outreach partner ecosystem mapping
- Co-designing a strategy to match participants with programmes
- Diagnostics of individual admin & social needs
- Team kit on admin & social issues
- Regular catch-up calls with the European Scaling Manager
2 - #TF4Women Participants Care & Support
You will manage and keep track of needs of participants (fellows) by leveraging the operating ecosystem, involving partner associations that provide ad hoc support to displaced persons. You will liaise with the project manager, TF community, and stakeholders along the programme to identify and monitor the delivery of solutions addressing issues participants encounter on an admin & social level.
- Deliver a training to all participants on what exists & solutions (mentors & fellows)
- Keep all participants informed in time (Fellows, Participants, mentors, trainers,...)
- Establish a relationship with each Fellow to ensure they feel safe and supported
- Produce a kit for mentors & fellows
- One on one frequent sessions with anyone in need
- Keeping a diary of admin & social issues and how they were fixed
3 - #TF4Women Network Engagement
You will be responsible for sustaining engagement from the wider #TF4Women network beyond their participation in the programme, through materials and testimonials, maintaining links with partners, volunteers, and alumni, especially those who go on to work in tech. In that way, it puts everyone on an equal footing in a balanced ecosystem.
- providing materials for internal and external communication on participant care and support (success stories, issues resolved or encountered)
- Curating testimonials and taking part in social impact analysis
- Keeping a logbook up to date for both programmes, to be used for impact measurement.
- Maintaining a dynamic contact list and providing regular ecosystem mapping updates.
- Empathy and an ability to relate to the specific needs of refugees and asylum seekers in Europe
- Experience in community organising, (languages is a plus) and working with organisations supporting vulnerable populations, especially refugees and asylum seekers.
- Excellent written and spoken french & English. Another language like Arabic or Spanish is an extra and an advantage !
- Excellent relational skills and confidence dealing with external partners,
- Skills / experience in reporting and maintaining accountability documents.
- Digital communication tools, social media outreach experience/skills.
- Preferred: Notions of visual representations (for mapping purposes) using visual tools.
HARD FACTS ABOUT THE ROLE
- Freelance contract for 9 months - 22,500K€ - if successful will be renewed or move to a full time position.
- Starting ASAP
- Based in Paris, France.
- Remote work based - with options to work from RaiseLab;
- Please note that this position is only open to applicants who have European citizenship or other legal authorization to work in France.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
TECHFUGEES OFFERS YOU
- Techfugees team's retreat in France;
- Lots of good vibes