Values-led ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s is recruiting a Social Mission Manager for our French team, based in our offices in Rueil Malmaison. The role will report to the Ben & Jerry’s Business Leader and will be responsible for heading up our social mission work across France.
About Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, advocacy, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion € by 2020. Therefore we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
1) Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
2) Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
3) Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
Role & Responsibilities
The role is based in the Ben & Jerry ‘s Paris office and the primary aim is to use the voice of the company to advance the movement of social and environmental justice around the world. The role will be dedicated to developing and executing social and environmental justice campaigns in France that align with Ben & Jerry’s global Social Mission strategy. Our strategy has two focuses; the fight for climate justice and for a more equitable world through social inclusion. This role will be tasked with building on the justice campaigning the company has run across Europe previously, tapping into movements in France that seek to bring change to our planet and society. The job requires significant integration with other departments and organisations both internally and externally, and across multiple geographies. The role will specifically involve:
· Lead in building authentic and “living” campaigns in France, that tie in with our global social mission goals, and drive action primarily in Ben & Jerry’s fan base, and secondarily, when possible, through extended stakeholder constituencies, using compelling content and messaging connected to our brand and business, mission and values, and current social mission priorities.
· Strategic planning for Ben & Jerry’s France 2018 campaign planning on our 2 key focus areas of social inclusion and climate justice.
· Work with a number of key stakeholders (both internal and external) to organise and mobilise to deliver on our Company’s commitment related to “linked prosperity”.
· Leading on developing greater understanding of the issue and policy landscape in France on our two strategic focuses
· Converting relationships with movement builders into tangible campaigns that relate to our strategic focus areas. This could involve creating stand-alone campaigns or tapping into campaigns already underway to amplify to a larger audience.
· Initiate innovative ways to help others recognise the central role that business plays in the structure of society and the quality of life at both the national and international levels.
· Create opportunities to work with multiple stakeholders, including: for-profit, non-profit, non-governmental organisations, progressive advocates, civil society organisations, alternative trading organisations, social enterprises, legislators and public officials; educating them in regard to our social mission and intention to make positive changes in our community.
· Connect with the European Social Mission team based in the Ben & Jerry’s Europe office in the UK, and the global team in Vermont, USA, to support the integration of social mission initiatives across Europe and globally.
· Work closely with the Regional Social Mission Manager of Ben & Jerry’s Europe, plus Social Mission teams in UK, Netherlands and Germany to provide scale to our social mission goals in Europe.
· Support the development of Social Mission content for websites and social media in France.
· Work closely with the digital, social media, PR and marketing teams and agencies to support the delivery of Social Mission consumer facing campaigns in France, as well as increasing knowledge and understanding of key social mission challenges within the team in France.
Skills & Experience
Given Ben & Jerry’s unique position within Unilever, the ability to build excellent relationships within both Unilever and Ben & Jerry’s will be essential. We are looking for people who can ultimately leverage the marketing excellence and operational effectiveness that is built by Unilever – while preserving the 3 part mission and community of connectivity within Ben & Jerry’s. Having the right energy and attitude to connect both parts of our organisation will be critical for success. Our kind of candidate is/has:
· At least Three years of previous experience and a proven track record managing campaigns – either political or social campaigns – covering a broad geography and demographic (i.e.: local, regional, national; targeted or multiple stakeholder campaigns) or else has experience of managing projects targeting social impact at scale.
· Knowledge of traditional, current and emerging movement-building tactics and technologies, including grassroots outreach and organising, events, and digital media.
· Experience working with different cultures and a good understanding of how to inspire people everywhere to become active participants in our campaigns.
· Minimum degree or demonstrable practical experience in fields relevant to this work.
· Passion for sustainability and social action
· Values ethical businesses
· Good analytical thinker
· Smart, swift and initiative-taker
· Passion for communication
· Interest in emerging digital channels
· Interest in PR, or a strong grasp of what makes a good story
· Fluency in French and English is required for the role; the local team use French for business operations.
Our people profile
To support our 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact through our Social Mission
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders – this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn, grow and develop to contribute to B&Js
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social connectivity
Location: This role will be based in Rueil-Malmaison, on the outskirts of Paris, Ben & Jerry’s France, Unilever
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: 12 months starting in September/October 2017, with a three month probation period. Potential for flexibility of part time / full time hours.
To apply send your English CV and English cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title France Social Mission Manager, by 5pm on 9th August. In your cover letter you should highlight two social justice campaigns that have caught your eye in recent times, outlining: - Why they have been successful in bringing about social change? - How they effectively engaged with people power. - How the campaign understood power dynamics. - What you believe could have been improved in the campaign? Do also tell us what your favourite flavour is and why! To find out more about our company and the work we do visit www.benjerry.com and www.benjerry.fr!