PUR Projet, founded in 2008 by Tristan Lecomte (HEC, Founder of Alter Eco, Ashoka fellow, Young Global Leader 2013) and managed by Pierric Jammes since 2010 (X02, Stanford, McKinsey), is a social business whose mission is restoring ecosystems to improve livelihoods and strengthen supply chains. PUR Projet is specialized in the operation of large scale corporate insetting programs, helping companies to understand, assess and reduce their impacts and dependencies on natural capital, and to design, implement and monitor efficient insetting operations along their value chains, such as sustainable procurement strategies, sustainable sourcing initiatives and community ecosystems management projects integrated to supply chains. PUR Projet has significant background and track record in the development and operations of reforestation, agroforestry (managing agricultural outputs combining crop and timber/fruit trees planting), and forest conservation insetting field projects, empowering farmer organizations in the design, the implementation, the monitoring and the long-term sustainability of the ecosystems management activities.
PUR Projet manages a portfolio of 40 field projects around the world with diversified farmer groups.
Additional relevant information can be consulted on the following documents:
- PUR Projet general presentation
- Presentation of the Insetting Platform, created by PUR Projet and its main partners
Insetting applied to the coffee sector
- PUR Lab presentation
- Projects portfolio
PUR Projet is structured around two operational entities:
- PUR Projet, based in Paris, London, Bangkok and Toronto, works with PUR Projet clients to define and manage their insetting programs. The different phases of an insetting program include: impact assessment and supply chains studies, program definition, program coordination in collaboration with client’s teams, definition of monitoring frameworks, communication on the projects activities and outcomes, and development of marketing or co-financing strategies to involve final consumers or other partners. PUR Projet manages a portfolio of about 50 insetting programs with a team of 15 programs operators.
- PUR Development, based in Singapore, London, Paris, Bogota, Bangkok, Kunming, Chang Mai and Awasa implements on the ground the projects and supply chain activities constitutive of the programs designed for PUR Projet’ clients. The projects developers design and develop the projects’ activities in coordination with local teams integrated to the farmers’ organisations. PUR Development also runs the PUR Lab initiative, in charge of measuring and valuing all ecosystem, social and economic services provided by the projects. PUR Development manages a portfolio of 40 field projects across the 5 continents with a team of 15 projects coordinators, working with more than 100 field technicians.
II. Job Description
PUR Projet is looking for a high-level professional for the position of Senior Programs Manager.
The Senior Programs Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Design, structure, and pilot large-scale insetting programs developed for the clients (objectives, roll-out plans, governance, monitoring framework, reporting tools, deliverables). Prepare the programs’ updates, evolutions, and additional proposals in view of major meetings and steering committees with clients.
- Develop insetting proposals aligned with PUR Projet commercial strategy, to develop new
programs with new or existing clients.
- The senior programs manager will have direct management responsibilities over several programs managers for the programs she/he operates.
- Coordinate with the other company’s teams – PUR Development, PUR Lab, Marketing and Communication, Admin and Finance – to achieve the programs’ expected results.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the company’s strategy, knowledge management taskforce, continuous improvement and business development (especially in UK, North America and South-East Asia).
- Report to PUR Projet steering committee on the achievements of the objectives.
- The Senior Programs Manager will have frequent opportunities to travel to the field projects, either in the framework of the insetting programs she/he manages or for specific supply chain assessments or program design missions.
Responsibilities are similar to the ones of an “Associate Principal” (@McKinsey) / “Principal (@BCG), with direct relationship with the clients, responsibility over resources, a high-level of autonomy and continuous contributions to the company’s global overall strategy.
- Graduated from top French engineering or business schools or top international universities
- 5 to 10 year experience in consulting within leading management consulting firms, key account management, business or operations management in reputed companies and/or NGOs.
- Strong desire to commit and dedicate his/her experience and energy to a unique socio-environmental business experience, driven by a strong will to contribute the integration of climate change risks into the world economy
- Attracted by SMB / start-up environment, with the ambition to develop a fast growing international business - “intrapreneurship” spirit
- Dynamic, excellent business and relational skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, rigour and formalization. High self-requirement level. Capacity to deliver high-quality services to companies
- Professional fluency in French and English - Spanish and/or an Asian language (Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai) would be an asset
- Location: Paris
- Medium to strong mobility: the program manager will travel for meetings with partners but also for regular field trips, either in the framework of the insetting programs she/he manages or for specific supply chain assessments or program design missions.
 Insetting is for an organization the approach of fighting climate change within its value chain and to generate multiple positive impacts on soils, water, biodiversity, local communities and society (International Platform for Insetting, September 2016)
 The stock of renewable and non-renewable natural resources (e.g., plants, animals, air, water, soils, minerals) that combine to yield a flow of benefits to people (adapted from Atkinson and Pearce 1995; Jansson et al. 1994)
Send a short email with a CV at email@example.com More details on the recruitment process at http://www.purprojet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Pur-Projet-Job-Description-Senior-Programs-Manager.pdf