Just One Giant Lab (JOGL) is an online community and community-based platform challenging the way research and innovation is conducted through an open and inclusive manner. JOGL helps humanity to sync on fixing our world’s most urgent and important problems using Open Science, Responsible Innovation and Continuous Learning. JOGL partners with academic labs, companies, startups, foundations, NGOs and public services to create participatory research programs for understanding and solving Health, Environmental, Social and Humanitarian issues.
JOGL is seeking an experienced graphic designer or graphic design student to help support our external communications, brand identity, and UX/UI. Ideally the candidate will also be able to support communications and verbal content needs, primarily those of social media. This position will be supervised by our Communications Strategist and collaborate closely with the communications team and our UX/UI designer.
Key responsibilities include
– Design social media images and content to support the needs of the communications team
– Design promotional materials for events and happenings
– Support UX/UI design needs including, but not limited to, icon design, illustrations and layout design.
– Support a revamping of JOGL’s brand identity and strategy
– Support the day-to-day management of event preparation and social media management (Twitter, LinkedIn,
Facebook, Instagram, Slack, and the JOGL platform)
– Support written communications tasks, as capable.
– Other responsibilities to be assigned.
– Creative and inspired
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Graphic Design or communications major (current or completed), or equivalent experience, preferred
– Mother tongue to native-level proficiency in written and spoken English
– Experience with graphic design and small portfolio required
– Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign required; After Effects and Premiere preferred)