The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world.
This position will sit within UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships team in the France, which aims to raise funds from private sector donors in France to support UNHCR’s work.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and results driven team player, who is able to work independently as well, with a strong interest in fundraising, to become a reliable asset to the UNHCR France operation within PSP Europe.
The Snr Fundraising Assistant (IG) will work under the direct supervision of the PSP Individual Giving Associate and in close collaboration with the Global and regional PSP Teams.
The position aims to maximize the donor base from the individual giving (IG) for UNHCR. The aim is to generate both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various channels and methods including, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, internet-based fundraising, direct mail, DRTV and emergency fundraising, with focus on strong donor loyalty and lifetime value.
Therefore, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation and expansion of the Individual Giving programme for PSP France including existing donors and acquisition programmes.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the PSP Individual Giving Associate the main tasks of the Senior Fundraising Assistant (Individual Giving) will be to:
• Contribute to increase both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various channels including direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, direct response television, lead generation and emergency fundraising;
• Contribute to the development of fundraising strategies and products for diverse individual fundraising activities that serve to recruit and retain loyal individual donors, moving them through a donor journey that builds a lasting connection with UNHCR in order to maximize lifetime value and return on investment;
• Monitor of PSP expenditures/budget and income recording and reporting;
• With Senior PSP Individual Giving, contribute to develop a detailed Annual PSP Plan and budget for the Individual Giving programme in France, including preparation of National growth Fund to secure investment to increase donor base and report back as required;
• Manage relations with partners, contractors and suppliers to implement IG programmes on a daily basis;
• Contribute to develop and optimize PSP donor database producing ongoing analysis and monitoring PSP campaign results and providing research on current donors and potential donors to inform future direct marketing activity;
• If required, support or back up on donor care service and communication to improve donors’ satisfaction;
• Recommend any new market entry and analyze the competitive environment (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor PSP performance and make recommendations to management;
• Maintain level of service and value for individual donors to ensure a stable and solid level of contribution;
• Ensure the compliance with the relevant domestic law related to fundraising practice, fundraising licensing and data protection;
• Work in close collaboration with PSP Team to develop cross channels fundraising campaigns including with digital, corporate partnerships and philanthropy as well as fundraising communication;
• Develop and support actions aimed at strengthening the relationship between PSP teams and other UNHCR divisions;
• Cultivate productive and collaborative working relationships and outcomes through continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
• Ensure high level of confidentiality and integrity
Perform other duties as required.