Under the guidance and review of the Global C&I Lead, Europe, the Design Manager Consultant plans for and conducts activity mapping, develops high-level curriculum planning materials (e.g. performance goals, scope and sequence, schedule), gathers stakeholder feedback and employer input and revises and customizes programs accordingly. With oversight from a Global C&I Lead, the Design Manager Consultant will also design key sessions, manage external contractors in the writing of session plans and develop resources needed for program design.
The Design Manager Consultant role is a great fit for a project manager and instructional designer who loves to lead teams and provide feedback, has a deep knowledge of adult learning and design best practices, and is interested in doing innovative design work for a growing global organization that is taking its work to scale.
This role is a limited, project-based engagement, and ideally, the Contract Design Manager will work full-time for the duration of the design process (~4-12 weeks), with the possibility to extend based on performance and the organization’s needs. Work will be remote (no relocation required). Preference will be given to candidates based in the UK, Ireland, Spain, France, and Italy. Fluency in Spanish, French, or Italian, in addition to British English, will be highly regarded.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU'LL NEED:
- 3+ years curriculum development experience, for adult audiences (ages 18+), ideally with experience in vocational education / workforce skills development and training
- 1-2 years experience managing curriculum development projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ideal candidate has knowledge of best practices and current trends in adult learning, and/or experience with highly technical, online and blended learning programs
- Graduate in any field with strong academic track record
- Fluency in spoken and written British English required, additional language proficiency desirable (Spanish, Italian, or French preferred)
- Experience collaborating virtually (i.e. Zoom, conference calls, Google Docs)
- Familiarity with principles of online learning and experience designing digital instructional materials
- Experience designing instructional materials for populations from different countries
- Strong time management and organizational skills required
- Comfortable working with teams across different time zones
- Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required in a start-up
- Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail
- High degree of independence and experience with self-management, takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the programme without guidance
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Possesses a growth mindset, a willingness to learn and desire to take on and grow with the organization
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
DESIGN & REVIEW
- Conduct on-the-ground research, including job shadowing, interviews, and focus groups, that informs the design of a program
- Create performance goals, a scope and sequence, and an assessment framework that serves as the program architecture
- Design and write, or manage external contractors in the writing of, in-person and online sessions, assessments and materials across different types of programs
- Secure, onboard, and coach and develop design teams (e.g. contract designers) to further develop their practice
- Establish design goals and develop a project plan for creating or revising a curriculum based on those goals
- Monitor contract designers and report progress toward design goals and problem solve as needed
- Review and give feedback on design team session plans in order to ensure alignment with Generation’s design standards and methodology
- Support country teams in gathering and analysing data on the effectiveness of programs; use that data to inform program revisions
- Build collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders by understanding their needs, representing the curriculum team’s needs, and responding to requests and questions
- Facilitate effective communication across multiple stakeholders as it relates to project management