The B Team seeks a piece of actionable research to improve our understanding of incentives and/or drivers that shape today’s business education field.
Our aim is to catalyze new business leadership norms for a sustainable future. As The B Team, we believe business and business leaders have a fundamental role to play in creating shared wellbeing on a healthy planet. We are working on the assumption that current business education must be disrupted to drive this change.
We are looking for a consultant to work on a piece of short research for us, provide some ongoing expertise and inform our efforts on this important issue.
The B Team is convening representatives of the full business leadership lifecycle, including B Team Leaders, Business School Deans, Board Directors, CEOs and young leaders, at our Annual General Meeting on 17 September 2023. We believe these groups of stakeholders are key to driving the crucial shifts in business leadership that are needed to deliver the future our children deserve.
During the September meeting, B Team Leaders and Business School Deans will discuss the set of levers to shift business education with an aim to identify priorities. They will also discuss how they can work together to catalyze change. The consultant’s work will help inform this discussion and make it actionable.
This effort builds on work that The B Team has done to build a New Leadership Playbook, which includes stories of new leadership in action, resources to get started, and guiding questions to unlock greater business leadership ambition.
Scope & Deliverables
This project will inform our work on catalyzing new norms of business leadership for a sustainable future, with a focus on business education. We have a planned 17 September discussion with B Team Leaders and Business School Deans, ahead of which we would not only want a short research paper, but also up to a day or time for consultation as we shape the in-person event.
1. A work plan, including an intended timetable and initial list of experts to interview, should be shared with The B Team staff within 5 days of starting the consultancy.
2. A written paper (max. 10 pages), summary (max 2. pages) and accompanying presentation (max. 15 slides) ideally submitted by 30 July covering the following:
- Overview of incentives that influence business education today
- Mapping of levers that leaders could utilize to shift these incentives
- Overview of significant efforts/organizations/partnerships – whether successful or not – that have been undertaken to shift these incentives during the last five years
- A list of Deans who have initiated progressive change
- A list of suggested experts, partners and organizations for The B Team to connect with
3. A presentation of findings to The B Team staff
4. Availability to meet with The B Team staff, up to one day in total, to provide insights/expertise
The consultant should be available to start by June 15th, 2023 and should aim to complete the assignment by July 30th, and should also be available to contact during the project.