LP4Y- LIFE PROJECT 4 YOUTH
Life Project 4 Youth is a federation of 19 organizations in 14 countries whose mission is the development of innovative solutions for the professional and social inclusion of Young people (15-24 yo) from extreme poverty and victims of exclusion.
LP4Y supports the decent inclusion of thousands of Young people and their families in 41 programs, 20 Life Project Centers, 4 Little Angel Academies, 3 Green Villages, 4 Youth hostels, 2 LP4Y Labs in South East Asia, South Asia, Middle East, Europe and America.
Over the past 10 years LP4Y has created solutions, always close to slum areas in large cities such as Manila, Cebu, Iligan, Cagayan de Oro, Calauan, Jakarta, New-Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Raipur, Chennai, Kathmandu, Yangon, Dhaka, and Beirut. Currently, we are 140 Catalysts in Asia working with Young Adults contributing to the development of their country. Since 2009, 2,493 youth have been accompanied to the professional world.
GREEN VILLAGE RAIPUR
Since 2013, LP4Y has developed Green Villages : sustainable entrepreneurial hubs for excluded Youth from rural areas. Created in 2018, Green Village Raipur is located near Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.
This soft skill training center has welcomed and trained already 100 Youth coming from skilling programs like Vocational Training Programs (VTPs) or other organisms (livelihood, other NGOs, associations...), helped them in developing professional grooming and employability skills (communication skills, organization and management, time management, business mindset, teamwork, citizenship…). The final objective is to help them to find a stable and decent job (by teaching them, without placement).
This project uses a hands-on pedagogy in social and professional integration of Youth based on the 10 years experience of Life Project 4 Youth Foundation, LP4Y, specialized in integration of excluded Youth.
In a team, the Youth create and develop micro-companies in order to develop skills, gain self-esteem and become actors of their life.
Coach Green Village
Contract : VSI - Volontariat de Solidarité Internationale
Location :Philippines, India, Nepal and Myanmar
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accompany the Youth (17 to 24 years old) with low educational background,
- Follow and guide the Youth about their personal development and job preparation following the provided syllabus developed by LP4Y (guidance, LP books, individual talks…),
- Follow and guide the Youth during their job search,
- Follow and guide the Youth once they found a job and always encourage them,
- Work as a team with the other coaches and trainers,
- Support the trainers to help the Youth in getting employability skills during their training: English communication, computer, communication, professionalism, time management, organization...
- You will be a role model, who inspires and reveals the talents of the Youth
- You will develop and maintain the partners’ network around the project - to give professional exposure to the Youth (testimonies and speech), make the link with the local community...
Due to the nature of this mission, we highly recommend you to be open to a 24 months of mission . We believe that this duration will allow you to acquire a more profound catalyst experience and to develop more both your professional and personal aspect.
The minimum duration of this mission is 13 month, and will appeal to candidates who are passionate about intercultural cooperation, having already acquired previous professional experience. .
Successful candidates will be open, dynamic and enterprising, and looking for an opportunity to develop their character and skills in a multi-cultural context. They will also enjoy communicating with humor, enthusiasm and will be keen team players, committed to making a real difference in the field. Fluent English is required.
Now recruiting for February 2021.
To apply for this mission, please send your resume and motivation letter, both in English to email@example.com
For more information go to www.lp4y.org