Organization : Techfugees Foundation (UK-based non-profit)
🌍 ABOUT TECHFUGEES - “Empowering displaced persons with technology”
Founded in 2015, Techfugees is an international non-profit organization supporting the rights and inclusion of displaced persons (refugees, asylum seekers, stateless, IDPs), through technology designed by, with and for them. Through a network of 8 active volunteer local chapters (Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria and Lebanon), we nurture a sustainable ecosystem of tech solutions facilitating access to information, education, health, employment and social inclusion.
🖲 ABOUT THE ROLE …
The Global Community Assistant will support Techfugees Global Community Officer (GCO) to develop, engage and grow the international network of local volunteers within the Techfugees Chapters and support local grass-roots technological programmes developed with and for displaced people.
1/ Proactive engagement of local Techfugees Chapters network (40%)
- Assist in the development and delivery of appropriate training for volunteers to be successful in their positions.
- Support development of marketing/communication materials and messaging to promote Techfugees and its international programmes, including digital tools/methods.
- Assist in planning and host cross Chapter knowledge sharing and social sessions for volunteers.
2/ Development of methodology and tools to support the international volunteer network (20%)
- _S_upport the GCO with recruitment, onboarding, engagement and retention mechanisms for the international community of volunteers.
- Manage of Techfugees Internal Wikipedia;
- Promote harmonization of Techfugees visual identity and messaging proposition with international Chapters.
3/ Chapters’ local programme support and Techfugees events (20%)
- Attend Techfugees’ community events and help organize in-country workshops including webinar talks.
- Be present for volunteers, ensuring they receive sufficient support to achieve their goals and assist with punctual operational support when needed.
4/ Conduct research on responsible digital innovations supporting forcibly displaced persons’ autonomy worldwide (20%)