Founded in 2012 by Christian de Boisredon (Ashoka Fellow), Sparknews is a certified B-Corp whose mission is to facilitate the emergence of new narratives that accelerate the ecological and social transition
- Towards the general public, through a wide network of media, artists and influencers, by creating international awareness and mobilisation campaigns that unleash the imagination and stimulate the desire to build a more inclusive and sustainable world.
- Towards companies, to nurture and deepen their awareness of positive impact, a prerequisite for reconciling business needs with positive impact. We work with CEOs, Executive committees, business units, middle management and employees of some forty companies (CAC40, ETI, SME)
What we do
1. IDENTIFY INITIATIVES WITH A HIGH SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT, whether they come from social entrepreneurs, start-ups for good, large companies, not-for-profit organisations or public policies. Our database currently contains over 5000 initiatives from all over the world and is maintained by a dedicated team.
2. CREATE INNOVATIVE AND EFFECTIVE FORMATS TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT TODAY’S MOST PRESSING ISSUES. Sparknews’ singularity is to create formats which combine education, inspiration, immersion, highlighting of concrete solutions and the activation of a unique network of positive leaders, leading figures from the economic, media, artistic and scientific worlds who intervene alongside us. Examples of formats: media campaigns with major daily newspapers from around the world (Impact Journalism Day, Towards Equality etc.), conferences, webinars, white papers, reports, artists' contributions, learning expeditions, cultural transformation missions for executive committees, a Positive Transformation Club, etc.
3. CREATE AND COORDINATE RELEVANT NETWORKS
We favour collaborative work ("Alone we go faster, together we go further") by bringing together different stakeholders committed to tackle the same issues: Alliances of international news media, Positive Transformation Club with large corporations, the coordination of networks of influencers, artists etc.
You will manage Sparknews’ international and national media programs
- Work with the media :
- map and convince newsrooms to make them join our alliances
- co-define the editorial line of the program and follow the content production
- lead the media REX survey and data collection post program
- Program Management :
- coordinate the different internal teams working on the program (innovation, communication, editorial)
- set the agenda of the production and the relevant deliverables
- animate regular committee to follow the deadline and the budget
- define with the communication team the communication campaign
- manage the relationship with the funding partners of the programs (international NGO , institutions…)
- lead the impact assessment of the program
- Contribute to Sparknews’ media engagement strategy : enlarge and animate Sparknews’ media network, brainstorm on new media programs
- Support the rest of the Sparknews team on projects with a strong media component