Founded in 2012 by Christian de Boisredon (Ashoka Fellow), Sparknews is a certified B-Corp whose mission is to facilitate the emergence of new narratives that accelerate the ecological and social transition. To achieve this, we actively support cultural transformation on two levels:
- Towards the general public, through a wide network of media, artists and influencers, by creating international awareness and mobilisation campaigns that unleash the imagination and stimulate the desire to build a more inclusive and sustainable world.
- Towards companies, to nurture and deepen their awareness of positive impact, a prerequisite for reconciling business needs with positive impact. We work with CEOs, Executive committees, business units, middle management and employees of some forty companies (CAC40, ETI, SME)
What we do
1. IDENTIFY INITIATIVES WITH A HIGH SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT, whether they come from social entrepreneurs, start-ups for good, large companies, not-for-profit organisations or public policies. Our database currently contains over 5000 initiatives from all over the world and is maintained by a dedicated team.
2. CREATE INNOVATIVE AND EFFECTIVE FORMATS TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT TODAY’S MOST PRESSING ISSUES. Sparknews’ singularity is to create formats which combine education, inspiration, immersion, highlighting of concrete solutions and the activation of a unique network of positive leaders, leading figures from the economic, media, artistic and scientific worlds who intervene alongside us. Examples of formats: media campaigns with major daily newspapers from around the world (Impact Journalism Day, Towards Equality etc.), conferences, webinars, white papers, reports, artists' contributions, learning expeditions, cultural transformation missions for executive committees, a Positive Transformation Club, etc.
3. CREATE AND COORDINATE RELEVANT NETWORKS
We favour collaborative work ("Alone we go faster, together we go further") by bringing together different stakeholders committed to tackle the same issues: Alliances of international news media, Positive Transformation Club with large corporations, the coordination of networks of influencers, artists etc.
You will help coordinate Sparknews’ international and national media programs
- support the media outreach and coordination of Sparknews’ international and national media activities
- lead Sparknews’ communication efforts with the media outlets part of the program
- ensure deadlines are met by the media outlets
- assist the media in their content creation
- help maintain meaningful relationships with Sparknews’ media network
- build strong connections and preserve Sparknews’
- monitor Sparknews’ relationships with its media partners and identify potential signs of evolution
- contribute to Sparknews’ understanding of the current media landscape
- identify opportunities and potential media collaborations
- assist the media team in creating impactful programs tailored to the needs of our media partners
- support the rest of the team on projects with a strong media component