Senior Carbon Manager
Paris, France (+ home office) or Canada (Toronto)
Full time position, permanent and local contract
Starting date : ASAP 2022
Travels : up to 20% (travel will not be asked during COVID, it depends of the situation)
WHO WE ARE
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR Projet is a B Corp Company which employs over 120 people and a presence in 10 countries.
As PUR Projet is expanding worldwide, we are looking for a dynamic and organized Senior carbon manager.
As a key member of the experienced Carbon team, you will be in charge of developing and managing carbon certifications and partnerships with carbon partners. In this role you will work with all our teams (Africa, Europe, Asia, North America and Latin America) and perform a wide range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Feasibility assessments and due diligence of projects in the perspective of future investments and purchase of carbon credits.
- Create and manage carbon sequestration models and carbon calculations.
- Redaction of Project Design Documents and Monitoring reports of AFOLU projects under VCS or Gold standard frameworks.
- Implement MRV activities and coordinate local teams to prepare data and documents necessary for carbon certifications.
- Coordinate audits and manage relationship with auditors and standards.
- Screen the market and identify carbon sourcing opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of partnership for carbon sourcing.
- Administrate carbon credits inventories.
You have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and knowledge about the carbon sector;
You are determined to contribute to the fight against climate change and already have experience in the carbon sector;
You like handling certification projects;
You enjoy working in an international environment : going to the field and working abroad in a multi-cultural context;
You can adapt easily in a fast-growing environment;
This position is for you !