Research & Innovation Coordinator
Based in Toronto, Canada
PUR is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR is a B Corp Company which employs over 170 people and a presence in 10 countries.
PUR is an impact driven business and B Corp, based in Paris, France; with further offices in Canada (Toronto), Colombia, Peru, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Indonesia, China, Singapore and Thailand. We operate projects in 30 countries. PUR has a depth of experience in South America, Asia, Africa and Europe, and is currently expanding its scope within North America. PUR clients range in size but include large programs with F&B customers such as major coffee brands (Nespresso, Nescafé, Starbucks..), cocoa brands & traders, large players such as Unilever and other supply-chained linked actors in sectors of Fashion & cosmetics such as Burberry, L’Oreal, Chanel, and Caudalie.
We are a close-knit Team that focuses on supporting each other, and sharing energy, ideas and inspiration on a daily basis; and we look forward to bringing in new Team members that share our passion for making change in this great world. Located at 507 King St. East, the office is easily accessible by TTC.
PUR is seeking an experienced and dynamic coordinator to work directly with the Director of Innovation and Development based in Toronto and our global teams in the development of new products, services, concepts and processes that continually differentiate PUR within the market. The key focus will be the evolution of the product, framing and operational protocols for the implementation of nature-based projects with agricultural communities; addressing key performance indicators for carbon, nature, livelihoods and water in line with dynamic international frameworks.
This person will work closely with the global programs, projects, central services (finance, legal and marketing) and specialist teams in the process of evaluating new concepts, technical partnership opportunities, and practices for their relevance to PUR’s product portfolio; and address the incorporation of selected concepts into PUR’s practices and operations thereafter.
The successful candidate will have experience working with international technical teams, remotely and in person, and have the ability to digest and manage complex topics in the areas of nature-based solutions, agriculture, technology, impact accounting and reporting frameworks. They will be an excellent process manager, helping the team to develop and execute product development roadmaps within their respective scopes, on time and within budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate and manage the consolidated process and practice of evaluating new concepts, ideas, technologies and frameworks for potential incorporation into PUR’s process, practices or product portfolio. Coordinate and manage PUR’s research program related to key nature-based performance impacts.
Consolidation of Global Expertise
- Work actively with , key technical experts, review of new industry publications and standards, summarize and disseminate key findings and learnings to global team;
- publish, with the support of the global team of experts, key technical notes to be leveraged by the global team for education and training; &
- lead team managing PURs database and library of technical expertise in the form of technical notes and documents, presentation material & educational content.
Concept Evaluation & Development Management
- adapt and implement a process for the evaluation and prioritization of industry and technically relevant concepts brought to the table by PUR’s Global Team, Industry Actors and Partners;
- coordinate the execution of concept development by key topic specific internal and external teams where concept is selected as priority; coordinating with teams, partners, budgets and flow ‘ticketing system’; &
- take ultimate responsibility for product/concept development roadmaps and on time delivery of operable solutions.
Development & Execution of Research Roadmap
- with topic experts, align and develop a research program to evaluate the holistic benefits of nature-based solution associated with insetting;
- manage implementation of research program roadmap, coordinating topic experts & regional project teams;
- Key topics of evaluation include carbon, biodiversity, water, productively and livelihood impacts.
Coordination with Specialists
- take ownership of the global roadmap of ongoing innovation projects with PUR on a global basis;
- supervise the collaboration between topic specific experts internally and externally on an ongoing basis;
- dynamically manage resource requirements within the team and with collaborating teams to ensure the innovation pathway is appropriately staffed and resourced.
Culture & Community
- Support a healthy, fun and effective work environment as part of the PUR Team;
- Participate in internal workshops, seminars & social events to help carry PUR strong sense of community; &
- Demonstrate your individual character, nature and ideology within the Company and support others to do the same
The successful Candidate will report to PUR Innovation and Development Director who is based in Toronto; and will collaborate with PURs global team of topic experts.
The successful Candidate will also be expected to closely collaborate with a number of colleagues in any of PUR 10 global offices.