Join Provenance as our Head of Marketing!
An exciting and rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS startup creating systemic change in the world. Provenance is enabling transparency on the social and environmental impact of consumer products, and we’re looking for a great mission-aligned leader to join our stellar team as Head of Marketing.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you’ll be an influential member of the executive team with the autonomy to make things happen at pace and scale. You’ll collaborate with the leadership team to set the direction for the product and company.
We are scaling the business from hundreds of brand and retail customers - to thousands! This means Provenance will be served up to millions of shoppers who want to shop in line with their values. We are looking for our new Head of Marketing to help us execute this plan.
What you'll be doing
As Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate and excite our customers, both existing and prospective, with our proposition and products. You will also effectively manage our Marketing Manager and Marketing Executive.
A naturally curious and energetic marketer, you will be on top of market trends, develop and articulate our value propositions, and liaise with the technical, product and commercial teams to position Provenance effectively in our chosen market verticals. You will own product marketing, develop messaging and market positioning, and ensure that the business development team is equipped with all the materials they need to sell successfully.
You will act as the voice of the customer, ensuring that future product and proposition development are in line with client needs and requirements. You are the glue that bonds our external positioning and our internal functions, and will be a driving force for growth in the years ahead.
- Work with the Product and Commercial teams to create & articulate compelling value propositions for both brands and retailers
- Plan and execute product/feature launches effectively to both brands and retailers
- Effectively brief the Business Development team, including pricing, sales presentations and technical briefs, to ensure alignment with commercial objectives
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager (comms and brand) to embed product marketing into Provenance's PR and communications strategy
- With support from the Marketing Manager, create supporting sales and marketing collateral including customer facing presentations and copywriting
- Working with the MD, CFO & Head of Commercial, you will oversee the external pricing rate card, ensuring all customer facing communications are accurate and up to date
- Working with our Head of Product, lead on all product related internal comms ensuring product enhancements and improvements are communicated effectively across the organisation
- Work closely with product teams to help gather customer insight and feedback from customers
- Create engaging content aimed at our users improving product understanding and driving feature adoption
- Working with the commercial team, develop and refine the onboarding and training program leading to improved adoption and performance
- Complete detailed competitor analysis and research covering market positioning pricing and vertical specialisms
Why work at Provenance?
A career at Provenance is an opportunity to help tackle some of our greatest global challenges every day.
Provenance powers sustainability claims you can trust. As the global leader in sustainability marketing technology, we help brands and retailers share credible, compelling and fact-checked social and environmental impact information at the point of sale. Provenance’s technology is already increasing conversion rates, brand value and market share for customers including Cult Beauty, Douglas, GANNI, Napolina, Arla and Unilever. Our vision is a world where citizens can make informed buying decisions that positively impact both people and planet.
We’re a small, open and creative team with expertise in marketing, sustainability and technology and a shared goal to drive positive change for people and the planet. We pride ourselves on operating with integrity and making saving the world through system change fun! We really value and do our best to support our fantastic team. We offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Employee share option program (so you can own a share of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times): We are a truly hybrid team, with an office in Kings Cross, London and team members based across the UK and Europe. We are well set up for collaborative remote working as well as fun and productive quarterly in-office team days.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a full day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to your mental and physical health
- Generous parental leave policy for both primary and secondary care-givers
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business