Philanthropy Advisors (PA), founded in 2012 by former humanitarian professionals, is an international consulting firm in philanthropy with offices in Geneva and Paris. We offer customised services to philanthropic, humanitarian, development and social sector actors (NGOs, private and corporate foundations, individuals, institutional donors, UN agencies, funds, Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), etc.) to support them in designing and delivering more coherent, efficient and impact-driven programmes.
PA has established a team of expert in-house consultants with diverse academic and professional backgrounds, most with many years of experience in the humanitarian and development sectors across multiple contexts of intervention (Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe).
PA offers its clients advisory in a wide range of service areas including strategic and corporate philanthropy, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), organisational development and change management, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), research and impact investing. Past projects range from the establishment of philanthropic entities and the design of engagement strategies and investment cases, to the scoping of partners, portfolio reviews, and capacity building assignments. PA also carries out diverse action-research commissions including feasibility studies and context analyses, as well as theory-based and mixed-methods evaluation missions. PA’s past and current clients include some of the biggest actors in the sector, including NGOs, foundations, international institutions and governments.
Having significantly increased its activities in the past two years, PA is recruiting two Consultants to support the development and expansion of its operations. The Consultants will work alongside international colleagues based in Paris and Geneva to design, execute and deliver diverse client mandates, as well as supporting the acquisition of new clients through the development of proposals. The Consultants will report to Senior Consultants. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and ambitious boutique consultancy firm in a mid-level position.
Description of the Position
The Consultant focused on EVALUATIONS IN DEVELOPMENT AND HUMANITARIAN CONTEXTS will use their experience to design and implement evaluations of humanitarian, development and social impact interventions, as well as other action-research, across diverse sectors and client types. They will bring their knowledge of robust quantitative and qualitative methodologies and evaluation best practices to produce high-quality deliverables and actionable recommendations.
- Operations/Project Management (approximately 75%)
Leading or supporting assignments as required, including:
- Lead or support project management from conception to delivery, in coordination with junior and senior colleagues
- Development of mixed-methods, participative methodologies for various assignment types
- Identification, recruitment and management of local consultants and firms
- Data collection through a wide variety of methods, ensuring triangulation and the mainstreaming of research ethics
- Undertake field missions and travel, as required
- Cleaning and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data (using tools such a R, Stata, Dedoose) to ensure the accuracy of findings
- Drafting of deliverables including presentations and reports
- Definition of findings and recommendations
- Presentation to clients
- General administrative project support as required
- Client communications and management
- Provide technical support on methodologies and analysis to colleagues, as necessary
- Development of Proposals (approximately 25%)
- Support the identification of relevant assignments and communication with potential clients
- Preparation and submission of tailored bid packages and proposals, including the development of relevant mixed-methods methodologies and appropriate approaches
- Develop financial offers for assignments