Philanthropy Advisors (PA), founded in 2012 by former humanitarian professionals, is an international consulting firm in philanthropy with offices in Geneva and Paris. We offer customised services to philanthropic, humanitarian, development and social sector actors (NGOs, private and corporate foundations, individuals, institutional donors, UN agencies, funds, Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), etc.) to support them in designing and delivering more coherent, efficient and impact-driven programmes.
PA has established a team of expert in-house consultants with diverse academic and professional backgrounds, most with many years of experience in the humanitarian and development sectors across multiple contexts of intervention (Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe).
PA offers its clients advisory in a wide range of service areas including strategic and corporate philanthropy, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), organisational development and change management, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), research and impact investing. Past projects range from the establishment of philanthropic entities and the design of engagement strategies and investment cases, to the scoping of partners, portfolio reviews, and capacity building assignments. PA also carries out diverse action-research commissions including feasibility studies and context analyses, as well as theory-based and mixed-methods evaluation missions. PA’s past and current clients include some of the biggest actors in the sector, including NGOs, foundations, international institutions and governments.
Description of the Position
Having significantly increased its activities in the past two years, PA is recruiting two Consultants to support the development and expansion of its operations. The Consultants will work alongside international colleagues based in Paris and Geneva to design, execute and deliver diverse client mandates, as well as supporting the acquisition of new clients through the development of proposals. The Consultants will report to Senior Consultants. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and ambitious boutique consultancy firm in a mid-level position.
The Consultant focused on CORPORATE PHILANTHROPY/CSR will bring their experience of the philanthropic and/or CSR sectors to support and advise clients at different phases of their philanthropic or social impact journeys. This could include conducting research including landscape analyses, due diligence and feasibility studies, developing strategic plans and investment cases, providing capacity support, overseeing and implementing necessary processes and the M&E of activities.
- Operations/Project Management (approximately 75%)
Leading or supporting assignments as required, including:
- Lead or support project management from conception to delivery, in coordination with junior and senior colleagues
- Development of mixed-methods, participative methodologies for various assignment types
- Data collection, including interviews, desk and literature reviews, surveys
- Undertake field missions and travel, as required
- Analysis of collected data
- Drafting of deliverables including presentations and reports
- Definition of strategies and recommendations
- Presentation to clients
- General administrative project support as required
- Client communications and management
- Development of Proposals/Business Development (approximately 25%)
- Support the identification of relevant assignments and communication with potential clients
- Research potential clients, prepare pitches/decks, schedule meetings, and follow up to maintain and expand relationships and new business
- Preparation and submission of tailored bid packages and proposals
- Develop financial offers for assignments