Philanthropy Advisors (PA), founded in 2012 by former humanitarian professionals, is an international consulting firm in philanthropy with offices in Geneva and Paris. We offer customised services to philanthropic, humanitarian, development and social sector actors (NGOs, private and corporate foundations, individuals, institutional donors, UN agencies, funds, Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), etc.) to support them in designing and delivering more coherent, efficient and impact-driven programmes.
PA has established a team of expert in-house consultants with diverse academic and professional backgrounds, most with many years of experience in the humanitarian and development sectors across multiple contexts of intervention (Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe).
PA offers its clients advisory in a wide range of service areas including strategic and corporate philanthropy, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), organisational development and change management, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), research and impact investing. Past projects range from the establishment of philanthropic entities and the design of engagement strategies and investment cases, to the scoping of partners, portfolio reviews, and capacity building assignments. PA also carries out diverse action-research commissions including feasibility studies and context analyses, as well as theory-based and mixed-methods evaluation missions. PA’s past and current clients include some of the biggest actors in the sector, including NGOs, foundations, international institutions and governments.
Description of the Position
Philanthropy Advisors France (PAFR) is recruiting junior level Analysts to complement its growing team. The Analysts will work alongside international colleagues based in Paris and Geneva, supporting the PA team in various operational and administrative tasks including writing proposals, defining research methodologies and tools, data analysis, and the project management of a wide range of assignments covering PA’s service areas.
The positions are for initial CDDs of 6 months with the potential of renewal, starting as soon as possible. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and ambitious boutique consultancy firm in an entry-level position with the potential to progress.
The position is perfect for somebody with a strong interest in the humanitarian and development sectors, who has more enthusiasm than experience and who is willing to work hard and learn fast. Please note that this is a junior position and will include providing administrative and ad-hoc support to project managers.
- Operational Support (approximately 75%)
- Support in the project management of assignments from conception to delivery
- Support in administrative tasks including the scheduling of interviews and meetings, the editing of CVs, note-taking, proofreading, etc.
- Support in designing participatory methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) and tools for varied study types (e.g. project evaluation, feasibility studies, Theory of Change definition, strategic reviews, portfolio evaluation, capacity assessment, due diligence, context analyses, market research) across diverse sectors (such as education, health, protection, gender)
- Support in data collection and analysis under the supervision of project leads (Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group Discussions, workshops, etc.)
- Participation in consultations with a wide range of stakeholders (including donors, NGO staff, government representatives, academics, etc.)
- Support in recruiting and managing local consultants and consulting firms
- Support in preparing and facilitating workshops and meetings
- Support in designing and drafting deliverables and preparing presentation materials
- Participation in presentations to different audiences on findings and recommendations
- Business Development Support (approximately 25%)
- Support the development of project proposals, concept notes and bid submission packages
- Research and the identification of new business opportunities (events, calls for contributions, etc.) for the overall positioning of the firm
- Support the maintenance of existing client databases and with expanding PA’s portfolio of clients
- Potential support to the communications team in creating content for social media and keeping the website updated