Our Energy Management Department is looking for an Energy Markets & Data Science Assistant to join its European team, based in Paris.
As the renewable energy market evolves, some of Neoen assets are increasingly exposed to the electricity market:
- Because only part of the solar or wind assets are contracted through a long term PPA
- Because the PPAs may induce a market exposure (minimum or maximum contracted volume, defined hourly curves…)
- Because they can sell different services. For example, storage assets can be active on several frequency services or on the energy markets.
This is the case in Australia, Finland, Ireland, El Salvador, and Mexico today. Managing this growing exposure to energy markets and supporting Neoen development with market expertise and modelling are the main missions of the Energy Management Department.
Operating in the electricity markets requires the continuous collection and analysis of large amount of data, and the development and maintenance of forecasting and optimization models to maximize revenues. As part of the Energy Management Europe team, the Energy Markets & Data Science Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare market operations of new batteries currently under development in Europe:
o Review and analyze market design, market products and market rules
o Define go-to-market strategy and operational process
o Develop and implement required tools (predictive models, dispatch simulations, process automatization…)
o Monitor and report performances
- Work alongside the other members of the Team to:
o Maintain and improve existing models used to optimize our European batteries already in operation on the different markets
o Develop optimization and simulation tools to support new business opportunities (solar + storage, profiled PPAs…)
- Help with the day-to-day running of the team:
o Monitor and maintain data collection services
o Set up of new data feeds
o Develop and maintain dashboards and reporting tools