Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) translates to Doctors without Borders. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff - bound together by our charter. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organization.
For our Ukrainian mission, we are looking for a Physiotherapist – Activity manager – Ukraine.
In Ukraine, MSF France is working in several cities in the country following the conflict that broke out with Russia in late February 2022. On the project of Vinnytsia, in the center-west of the country, MSF France, collaborates in partnership with the local health authorities. We are developing a physiotherapy support activity in the most important rehabilitation center of the district, mainly on complex trauma care, external fixators, amputations, etc. In Kyiv, we are also starting a support activity at a hospital receiving war wounded, where the needs for care are immense as well as for the training of physiotherapists.
Your role as the physiotherapy activity manager is to ensure the supervision and training of the Ukrainian team of physiotherapists.
Defining, implementing, coordinating and monitoring all activities in the mission related to physical rehabilitation and integration of the physiotherapy department in the project and in the broader objectives of the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the quality medical care for patients
- Ensuring the technical quality of the physiotherapy activities and reinforcing individualized “hands-on” therapy. Answering and coordinating the programs’ logistical needs in cooperation and collaboration with the logistics team and field coordinators.
- Monitoring and evaluating regularly the projects progress in line with the defined project objectives of the Yearly Action Plan. Maintaining data collection tools and providing monthly (both qualitative and quantitative) data to show the progress of activities within the Physiotherapy department. Providing monthly activities report to the Medical Coordinator and PMR.
- Coordinating all physiotherapy needs and ensuring the integration of the PT department within the MSF medical team. Attending coordinative meetings, rounds and clinics as designated by the Medical Coordinator. Coordinating any emergency on physiotherapy level.
- Where needed, collaborating on a Physiotherapy referral system for patients transferred to their place of residence. Coordinating the follow up and monitoring of the physiotherapy treatment on progress of the patients in their home, the needs and the rate of success. -Meeting regularly for coordination / information sharing with MSF Medco, HoM and other actors and collaborators relevant to physiotherapy needs and issues
- Where needed, providing training of any kind (theoretical, on the job,…) related to physiotherapy and proposing physiotherapy protocols to be validated by the HQ medical department
- Identifying his/her team’s needs, monitoring and providing support in terms of but not limited to, training, organization of the physiotherapy activities, team management, therapy and documentation. Replacing the physiotherapist supervisor when necessary.
- Planning and supervising, with support of the HR department, the associated HR processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, motivation, development and internal communication) of his his/her team in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills