Antimicrobial resistance is one of the major public health threats causing 1.2 millions deaths in 2019 and 10 millions deaths per year in 2050 if no actions are taken.
To respond to the need of improving and increasing access to AMR diagnostic tests, The MSF Foundation, an innovation satellite of MSF developed Antibiogo. Antibiogo is a software as medical device (SaMD) developed in order to support the interpretation of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing in Low and Middle Income Countries where microbiology expertise is lacking.
Whereas the last 3 years of the project were dedicated to development and EU certification, the objective in the coming months is to roll out Antibiogo as an In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) used in routine in LMIC.
The FMSF being a legal manufacturer of SaMD, there is a need to secure funding for the long term Run of Antibiogo including maintenance, update and customer support.
The Antibiogo Grants Manager, in collaboration with the Program Manager, lead resource mobilization efforts to ensure financial sustainability for the project, and support the diversification of funding from institutional donors and non-traditional funding sources to achieve Antibiogo’s strategic objectives. The Grants Manager will provide direct support to strategic growth opportunities, engage with donor agencies, help strengthen donor systems compliance, donor reporting, strategic partnership management, and participate in the Communications and Advocacy to enhance Antibiogo’s external and internal visibility.
He/She is responsible for the identification and up to date listing of funding opportunities around AMR, diagnostic, digital health tools and pandemic preparedness, preparation of submission and application follow up. He/She will coordinate donor, communication and reporting to provide reliable and transparent information to institutional donors on the use and allocation of resources in the project following legal obligations and FMSF protocols, standards and procedures.
In this context we are looking for a Grant manager .
Under the supervision of Antibiogo Program Manager
The main activities/responsibilities of the position are:
● Identify and map potential funding sources with donors and diversify the funding base to ensure financial sustainability for the medical device.
● In collaboration with the Program Manager, follow up on donor mapping and networking and identifying particular interests and funding opportunities with donors.
● Prepare applications in collaboration with the project team
● Oversee and guide the funding application process and the grant timelines, including reporting, compliance and donor communication.
● Writing all donor proposals and reports to donors for the mission, ensuring compliance with donor templates, guidelines, deadlines and demands, checking consistency and completeness for both data and text.
● Coordinating with the project team on providing/collecting the necessary data and analysis (medical data and analysis, staff data/numbers, assets and supply data, financial data, etc) for preparation of the donor reports.
● Supporting the Program Manager in monitoring the execution/ implementation of approved grants (log frame, expected results, budgets), anticipating issues, assessing when there is a need to inform the donor and/or requesting an amendment.
● Checking grant agreements and contractual engagements and alerting on any potential risk linked to donor requirements or legal contractual engagement.
● Writing and reviewing all donor communication and responding to requests for information
● Be responsible for monitoring and analyzing his/her activity:
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of activities
- Ensure that the information required to steer your activity is passed on.
- Ensure reporting
- Ensure that electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project are up to date and ready to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.