Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to vulnerable populations with crises threatening their survival, mainly in the event of armed conflicts, but also epidemics, natural disasters, or exclusion of care. The French section of MSF is present in some thirty countries.
As part of a new permanent position, we are looking for a eHealth Informatics and Data Architect Specialist.
The main objective of the Ops department in OCP is to improve the quality of the operational response of MSF by formulating, supervising, and insuring the efficient implementation of its medical humanitarian activities. The department is organized in 8 operational cells, transversal units, and project units.
The eHealth unit has a mandate to promote and advance secure, efficient, and effective use of health information, contribute to the quality of care, information utilization, and help to inform future health information technology initiatives.
Under the overall supervision of the eHealth Unit Manager, you are be responsible for the analysis, design, and development of data modelling solutions. You maintain and update the medical data configuration, maintain data integrity, standard operating procedures for data and information management, and definition, review, and calculations of core indicators and reporting throughout eHealth supported tools.
You provide technical support and oversight to the eHealth Informatics team based in New York.
Your main responsibilities are:
eHealth tools content management
- Analyse and support gathering of data requirements for new or revised content with subject matter experts in the medical and operations department
- Ensure that the content is clearly defined, advise on request feasibility, and propose integration options
- Manage content updates, corrections, or change requests based on defined standard operating procedures and according to a versioning system
- Develop guidelines, policies, and best practices to ensure the highest quality, accuracy, and appropriateness for all medical content
- Provide support on content related inquires during implementation of new or revised datasets
Data model management
- Propose new technical new solutions to improve and enhance existing architectures
- Applies knowledge, data, information, and workflow in the development of evidence-based models for eHealth supported digital health solutions
- Manage and maintain structure of the data models and metadata as well as the associated documentation
- Ensure the integrity of the data model (conventions, configuration, access) through standard configuration practices
- Support the analysis and design of the health information management process, including the study of data, indicators, and outcomes
- Provide technical oversight and support to the eHealth team members working on data architecture and informatics
End-user support and training
- Provide documentation for end-user support and training on content configuration
- Contribute to training efforts in collaboration with other eHealth team members on standard content and configuration of project specific content
- Provide support to HQ medical and operational learners around content structure and use
Other duties and responsibilities
- Active engagement with medical experts within the medical department discussing the structure and content of the data model (individual medical indicators, data collection forms, etc.)
- Engage and share with the DHIS2 community, including other MSF sections working with DHIS2, for information exchange, as well as alignment of the data model structure and harmonization of content and indicators, where applicable
- Participate in meetings with external development partners when required
- Ensure the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the data