· Our Team
Urbanomy’s team currently includes its 3 co-founders, acting as CEO (Paris), CMO (Paris) and CTO & Partnerships (London), a business developer for the UK, an Engineering Consultant (London), a Business Developers for the German market (Berlin) and a Market Analyst for the Middle East (Abu Dhabi). Urbanomy is expected to grow further through new projects.
We are now looking for a passionate and dynamic Engineering Consultant to partake in the growing of Urbanomy’s London office, contribute to the development of our offers, and to deliver ambitious projects for our customer portfolio in the United Kingdom, Germany and internationally.
As Urbanomy UK Engineering Consultant, you will be contributing to the delivery of urban studies by running simulations from modelling tools and will also be asked to develop or adapt simulation tools or delivery methodologies. You will also take part in the delivery through report and presentation creation. You will have a strong understanding of the energy system and the various applications of urban areas, such as mobility. Reporting directly to Urbanomy’s CTO based in London, you will work in close collaboration with the rest of the team, especially the other Engineering Consultant and Urbanomy’s partners to deliver projects on our targeted geographical markets. A focus on energy will be needed while the core competency will be to understand the transverse interactions between various fields in an urban environment (mobility, environment, quality of life…).
· Job Responsibilities
You will contribute to the delivery of consultancy projects for urban decision makers, mainly through:
- Preparation and consolidation of consultancy offers integrating energy, mobility, environment, quality of life and community aspects ;
- Contribution to bid management process, project management process and reporting activities ;
- Run and development of simulation tools to simulate, optimise or forecast urban key performance indicators, including the energy systems and urban mobility ;
- Support in running workshops with customers to identify and understand needs ;
- Contribution to the delivery of strategic, economic and technical analysis mixing urban planning and design, and new techs regarding energy and mobility innovations and services, quality of life and environmental matters ;
- Design of strategic vision for urban development and new business models ;
- Collaboration with the local and international EDF R&D team for common delivery or co-developments.
· Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in engineering, a specialization in smart cities, urban development and/or architecture would be appreciated
- Strong knowledge in electrical/energetic engineering
- Strong understanding of the Energy sector and UK energy system
- Good understanding of the UK local governance
- Good understanding of urban planning and urban environment
- Simulation skills: CAD, PVSyst, BIM software, Anylogic and others
- Proven project management capabilities through first significant professional experience
- Successful in elaborating a critical vision of stakes and communicate convincingly
- Strong capability to understand complex problematics
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, visualization of concepts) in English (Fluent or Native)
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, visualization of concepts) in French (Fluent or Native)
- Command of German or Arabic language is a plus
- A passion for smart new technologies, sustainable cities
- Adaptability and capabilities to work in an international environment
- A drive for innovation and start-up environment