In short :
- Stack: of your choice! (more details below) (check the current code)
- Organization: Just One Giant Lab (JOGL), an open and participatory, non-profit research and innovation laboratory.
- When: As soon as possible
- Where: Worldwide/Remote and/or at the JOGL offices, within the Centre de Recherche Interdisciplinaire, Paris 75004, France.
- Contract: Full-time. Permanent or Freelance contract. Salary depends on profile seniority.
About JOGL :
Just One Giant Lab (JOGL) is the first research and innovation laboratory operating as a distributed, open and massive mobilization platform for collaborative task solving. JOGL helps humanity to sync onto fixing our most urgent and important problems using Open Science, Responsible Innovation and Continuous Learning. JOGL partners with academic labs, companies, startups, foundations, NGOs and public services to create participatory research programs for understanding and solving Health, Environmental, Social and Humanitarian issues.
About the listing:
We are looking for a lead frontend developer to help design and build a brand-new frontend for our cutting-edge API. It can be with our current code stack (React/Typescript/Next.Js), or not! You will basically have total liberty and responsibility on the frontend stack. The goal is that you have as much fun as possible building the app from scratch with the tools you are most comfortable with and think will be a good fit for the needs of JOGL.
You will be joining the current development team composed of 2 frontend developers (1 Intermediate & 1 junior) and a senior backend developer.
- Ensure the evolution of the strategy and technical choices of the developed features;
- Collaborate with the product and design teams and the other developers;
- Work with the product owner in building the roadmap and specification of the product;
- Guarantee the sharing of technical knowledge of the products through documentation;
- Ensure the evolution of the strategy and technical choices of the developed products;
- Maintain and create the source code and tests (Integration, Unitary...);
- Guarantee the quality of the code produced (conduct code reviews, clean, scalable, tested code)
- Frontend: ReactJS, NextJS, Typescript, Algolia
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 7, OpenAPI 3
- Datastores: Postgresql, Redis, Manticore
- Infra: Digital Ocean, Docker, Kubernetes
- Transparent: Sharing knowledge, learnings, feedback, and mistakes.
- Motivated: You like the idea of contributing to the emergence of a new model of participatory research and innovation.
- Organized: Document yourself and think about other developers when you code
- Problem Solver: You enjoy finding solutions and resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
- Collaborative: You are able to work in a team and are able to communicate with people without technical knowledge. You like pair-programming and doing code reviews.
- Fluent: Fluent in English, and strong knowledge of the webdev world
How to apply?
Fill out this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!