The European Institute for Cooperation and Development (IECD), an international solidarity organization created in 1988, implements economic and human development projects in fifteen countries, in partnership with local institutions, enabling young people and people in precarious situations to access decent and sustainable jobs, in a quality educational and health environment. More than 30 years of experience in the fields of education, vocational training and access to employment for young people, have enabled the IECD to develop a real know-how at the service of the most vulnerable people.
In LIBERIA, IECD launched the project STRIVE in September 2020, for a five years period. The project focu’ses on three components:
Developing TVET trainings in partnership with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth and Sports;
Increasing the employability of trainees to facilitate their professional integration;
Supporting vegetable farmers in Bong County to improve their economic opportunities.
IECD is recruiting a Manager in Liberia to coordinate the Monitoring & Evaluation on all components of the projects, to ensure the quality of data collection, indicators follow-up, guidance and counselling, reporting and communicating, both internally and externally, targeting civil society and grand public.
1/ Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the definition of the logical framework and indicators for all aspects of the IECD Liberia activities;
- Create an M&E system for project STRIVE and prepare transfer at the end of the mission, including:
- Organize the proper feedback of operational information from the field and ensure its proper execution.
- Analyze and exploit the qualitative and quantitative indicators to measure the degree of achievement of objectives, expected results and activities put in place.
- Work on measurement tools and means of verification to improve their quality, relevance and reliability.
- Training and guidance of the IECD teams and partners on the M&E tools.
- Analyze and format of data for internal and external reporting in particular producing relevant visual and written materials.
- Contribute to the reflection, the development of the impact measurement device (long term) and animate its deployment in the IECD Liberia teams;
- Participate in and ensure the proper flow of field headquarters information (in both directions);
- Prepares internal and external evaluations of the project;
- Participate in the training of partners staff and Ministries;
- Manage an M&E assistant through weekly follow-up, capacity building, evaluations, etc...
- Follow-up on the cycle of audits process and procedures.
- Support the development of innovative data collection and monitoring tools.
- Ensure mainstreaming of cross-cutting monitoring issues into DVA & FA agro sector.
2/ Reporting and management of the donor relationship
- Manage the administrative follow-up of the AFD contract (ANO, validation of reports, monthly meetings…)
- Gather, consolidate and complete the operational parts drafted by each project manager; ensures that they are in good correspondence with the financial report prepared by the DAF- IECD Liberia; transmits narrative reports to financial partners;
- In close collaboration with the Liberia Country Director, participate in the management of the relations with the donor (AFD), including the monthly meetings;
- Develop and implement an adequate institutional communication strategy;
- Participate in the development of future projects and proposals for IECD Liberia
3/ Coordination of the communication department
- Work with the communication officer on the development of a communication strategy for IECD and its projects in Liberia;
- Manages the communication officer: weekly follow-up, capacity building, evaluations, etc.;
- Ensure that communication follows internal rules of IECD and rules of the donor;
- Coordinate with the Ministries for communication;
- Support the partners (especially the TVET centers) in the development of a communication strategy;
- Represent IECD, as appropriate, at working groups cluster level, with international partners, national and/or local government departments, facilitating supportive synergies and monitoring progress.