PLACE is looking for an exceptional cross-media storyteller to communicate the role migration can have in shaping a brand new world.
As the PLACE collective grows across Europe, we are looking for someone to share our voice about migration, identity and innovation on the global stage and across channels.
This is a part-time position for an autonomous, collaborative professional who is experienced in the dynamic space of digital storytelling. The ideal candidate has experience in creating successful and original content, and having that content shared and engaged with across social media platforms and in influential networks. Joining a team of perpetual learners, we are looking for someone who is excited to continue learning alongside a dynamic and international team.
Many events and most of the PLACE network team is based in Paris, but location is flexible. Fluency in English, both written and oral, is required, as well as comfort in remote working with a fast-moving, agile team.
- Creating original contents in a variety of formats (video, written, audio and visual)
- Creating a social media strategy and diffusing contents across social media as well as other types of media
- Being continuously on the lookout for influential voices and content creators on the subject of migration, identity and innovation, and creating alliances with them
- Producing timely outputs in response to project needs
- Keeping website and Stories of PLACE platform updated with new, engaging contents
Skills and behaviour needed:
- You are a social media native, you don't only know how to make engaging content, but you know how to make that content seen across platforms
- At ease in creating adapted content for multiple platforms (social media, blogs, websites, etc.) - Capacity to create a variety of different written contents (from 140 characters to 2000 words)
- Design skills to produce innovative formats (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (or equivalent) and basic video editing)
- Experience with PR/media relations
- Capacity to strategise and coordinate with senior teams
- At ease with website coordination and updating (WordPress is a must)
- Comfortable with online collaboration tools (Slack, Google Drive, Trello)
- Comfortable with social media-related tools (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite/Buffer, and analytics related to these tools)
- Simple but effective project & budget-management skills - gets the job done, no matter what
- Quick learner, taste for novelty and experimentation
- High autonomy, capacity to reach goals independently
- Excellent communicator: gets the message across perfectly in person, in writing, over the phone...
- At ease with time-pressure/acceleration phases
What’s the PLACE Team like? We come from all walks of life, but here are a few points we have in common:
We care above all about people
We are perfectionists, self-motivated and relentless until we get results
We communicate openly and honestly
We need playfulness and challenges
We excel at working across locations and cultures
We breathe through feedback
We put results and the team first
Sounds like a culture you would thrive in? Read on!
You will be working closely but autonomously within a team of 6 (and growing).
Most of the work is carried out in flexible mode- self-organized to reach team objectives, which are set together.