Leverage the power of machine learning to create meaningful environmental analytics using satellite imagery. WEO is a rapidly-growing start-up based in Luxembourg’s City Incubator who is focussed on using the power of space data for tackling climate change and the water crisis. This is an opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse female-led start-up who are intent on making a big positive impact on our planet using the latest innovation in space imagery and artificial intelligence.
● Develop deep-learning algorithms to create value from remote sensing data
● Design a scalable and fit-for-purpose tech stack for our geo-analytics
● Build production-ready data pipelines within WEO’s cloud infrastructure
● Work collaboratively and inclusively with remote sensing experts, project manager and other key stakeholders to take solutions to commercialisation
● Masters in Computer Science/GIS/Engineering or equivalent experience
● High level programming – Python
● Experience with deep learning networks (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
● Desirable experience working with geospatial data (gdal/ogr)
● Desirable experience working with serverless architecture
● Self-driven and transparent
● Keen to contribute to an inclusive, flexible and supportive team environment
WEO offers a positive, inclusive and inspiring work atmosphere in a female-led team at the forefront of innovation in the space and environment sectors. We offer:
● Competitive salary
● Office space in the Luxembourg City Incubator
● Flexible working hours and conditions – family-friendly
● Excellent personal development opportunities
● Support for self-driven projects
● Work-from-home options
● Team-building and events
● Work with an experienced and driven diverse team in a positive environment
Note, applicant must be Luxembourg-based or have European work rights and be prepared to move to Luxembourg or surrounding areas.
WEO wants to make environmental analytics available to all by leveraging the power of Machine Learning to turn Satellite Data into powerful and actionable insights for governments and companies. We have worked extensively with the European Space Agency, Luxembourg Space Agency, Start-Up Luxembourg, Luxembourg Water Agency, Ville de Luxembourg and more. Currently WEO is scaling up our services in tree management, water management and urban greening. As a socially and environmentally-conscious team led by two female founders, we believe that a family-friendly and supportive work environment allows us to do our best work.