With a high-level scientific profile, your main responsibility will be to be the guarantor, with the management of Glimpact, of the proper implementation and evolutionary development, within the company of the methodological framework that it has chosen based on the scientific doctrine of the European Commission in terms of defining and evaluating the environmental footprint of products and organizations (PEF / OEF method).
Your mission will be also in coordination with the company's R&D department to develop this methodological framework in connection with the work of the EC and any scientific institute involved in this framework. In addition to this real work of implementation and research and development, you oversee controlling the quality level of the implementation of this methodological framework through customer projects.
You will be also responsible for internal and external critical reviews. Finally you will coordinate the work of the future scientific committee of Glimpact.
As R&D Methodology Director, you oversee creating new PCRs for the extension of our Glimpact technology to other product categories.
As R&D Methodology Director, you will be a member of the company's management committee and its R&D committee.
The activities that will be under your responsibility :
- You will supervise the implementation of strategic projects on the methodological aspect
- You will ensure a permanent scientific and methodological watch to allow the company to be permanently at the forefront of innovations in terms of analysis of the environmental performance of products and organizations and approaches in terms of eco design
- You will improve internal review procedures and automate repetitive tasks
- You will closely follow the methodological developments discussed at the level of the European Commission (Technical Advisory Board)
- You will work on the quality indicators for the datasets used and created, the environmental results produced by Glimpact and follow all the discussions on data at the level of the European Commission (Data Working Group)
- You will ensure that IT developments comply with methodological requirements
- You will ensure that knowledge within your fields of expertise is capitalized upon and will act as coach towards less experienced team members
- You will support our clients in the methodological aspect of their use of the technological platform
- You will support the business development team
- You will participate in the definition of strategic directions in research and development, both on methodological and technological aspects
- You have minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of environmental performance of products and organizations of which minimal 3 years in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) projects
- You have a leader profile with a managerial and inspiring charisma
- You are rigorous and used to critical review processes
- You have a high technical background
- You have strong organizational skills and are a team player
- You are proactive and result driven
- You like working in a technological and R&D environment
- Graduated from an engineering school or university training at master's or doctoral level
- Perfect mastery of the PEF / OEF method and LCA in general and ISO standards in this area
- Good knowledge of LCA tools (Glimpact has developed its own modeling tool)
- Excellent aptitude for analytical thinking
- Good communication skills in English and French (spoken and written)
- You have a vision of a greener future
- You have experience in industrial processes and a good knowledge of the supply chain of consumer products
- You are familiar with the industrial sector and its production practices
- You have good connections or connections with the scientific community
What we offer
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your various skills and collect further experience in a young and fast-growing company. At Glimpact, we will offer you:
- A meaningful job: You will directly contribute to the environmental transition by supporting manufacturers and retailers in the evaluation, understanding and improving of their environmental performance, and helping consumers make sustainable choices.
- Passionate team: You will join a motivated and engaged team of co-founders and early employees, working in an open and inclusive atmosphere.
- Development opportunities: As a young and fast-growing company, we provide various opportunities to support your development throughout your career.
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of Glimpact: you will benefit from the "Stock options" allocation plan (sales of company shares under preferential conditions) reserved for company members and allowing them to become shareholders, under the conditions set by Glimpact.
Do you want to join the adventure and contribute to change this world?
Please send your application (curriculum, cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us!