* Apply before: April, 30th 2022
This position is for you:
If you enjoy building solid long-term relationships with partners
If you excel and are excited about being the main point of contact in all matters relating to partner’s needs and concerns
If you like the challenge to identify new activities and new opportunities to enhance our portfolio with key partners and develop relationships with potential others
Ultimately, you love managing multiple portfolios without compromising on the quality of services provided
I. Presentation of the organization
Founded in 2006, CartONG is a French "H2H" (Humanitarians to Humanitarians, i.e. an NGO working in support of other NGOs) non-governmental organization specialized in mapping and information management support for humanitarian and development organizations. Our core expertise is geographic information, but we have extended it other the years to other technologies (mobile data collection, information management, remote sensing, drones, participatory mapping, etc.).
We support international aid organizations, NGOs and public authorities by providing tools, services & trainings that allow them to better plan, implement and evaluate their programs, therefore improving the impact of humanitarian aid in favor of the most vulnerable. We focus on training local staff and collaborating with local communities, in order to provide projects that are sustainable and tailored to the needs and priorities of the people we are seeking to assist.
We work with local, national and international organizations, in particular NGOs specialized emergency response and development as well as UN agencies; MSF, UNHCR, AFD, Terre des Hommes, etc.: complete list here. CartONG is a fast growing & dynamic organization, gathering around 30 international staffs and 50 active volunteers.
Our headquarters are based in Chambéry - a short train ride away from Geneva and Lyon and their international airports. Chambéry is a vibrant student and family city with many great bars and restaurants, located in the heart of the French Alps and surrounded by the Bauges and Chartreuse mountain ranges.
We are currently looking for a Portfolio Manager to join our team.
- Contract Type: starting with fixed-term contract (CDD) of 12 months with the objective of making it permanent if wished by both parties
- Start Date: 6th of June 2022 – negotiable
- Location: Chambéry
- Salary: calculated with CartONG’s salary grid based on experience, 39 hours/week contract (35 h + 4 extra hours paid)
- Other benefits: additional health insurance & public transportation monthly pass covered at 50% by employer
Based at headquarters the Portfolio Manager is part of the GIS Pole. The portfolio manager will be supervised by the GIS Project Manager member of the CMT (Management committee of CartOng). He or she could be more punctually supervised by the managers of the other projects the Portfolio Manager will be involved in. He or she will also be able to contribute to the association's working groups according to his availability and interests.
The Portfolio Manager will be managing the relationship with CartONG’s main partner. His or her main responsibilities include, developing trust relationships, acquiring a thorough understanding of partner’ needs and requirements. He will also play a role of account manager, making sure partner’ needs and requirements are met as well as reporting on a periodical basis.
In this context, we are looking for a Portfolio Manager. The goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our activities to promote our NGO’s work and values, achieve mutual satisfaction and long-term success. He or she will start working with one of the main CartONG partner however his or her portfolio can evolve and be expended in the long run.
- Develop trust relationships with a portfolio of major partners
- Acquire a thorough understanding of partner’s needs and requirements and designing tailored solutions.
- Expand the relationships with the existing partner by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to the partner in a timely manner
- Serve as the link of communication between the partner and internal teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by the partner and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Play an integral part in generating new activities that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Negotiating contracts with the key partner and meeting established deadlines for the fulfillment of each partner’s long-term goals.
- Prepares and reviews budgets with DAF
- Communication about project (with communication support)
- Contribute and play an active role in the fundraising activities on GIS projects
- Participate to activities supporting CartONG's associative mission whenever possible and relevant: exchanges with the Board and other members including during get-togethers and green days, involvement in internal trainings, support to volunteer projects, support to projects concerning the whole organization
- Contribute to events and workshops organized by CartONG such as the GeOnG forum
- Participate proactively to the association's communication by writing news, blog posts and other products, as well as representing CartONG during tech-oriented and/or humanitarian events and conferences
The Portfolio Manager will go regularly to Geneva, and might travel in Europe. The position requires availability and flexibility, two characteristics inherent in the context of emergency humanitarian organizations (late work, rush situations).