Capitana App is a responsible investment platform - women’s financial best friend (BFF).
We provide women with advice and tools to develop their financial literacy and invest sustainably for long-term goals. Capitana offers inclusive and sustainable portfolio management and financial training from a 100% digital platform, enabling women to invest by putting their savings to work. The future belongs to those who invest early.
Capitana App and its team are looking for a Head of Risk and Compliance who can help lead and develop our risk and compliance activities to help us achieve healthy, sustainable growth in the highly regulated environment we operate. This person will report directly to our CEO.
As our Head of risk and compliance, you will
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program for StarTalers business.
- Enhance, implement and manage compliance policies and procedures, following up on any breaches or outliers to regulatory standards related to our investment firm license
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations
- Create and manage effective action plans responding to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal, risk and compliance.
- Ensure regulatory filings, reports and documentation are completed with accuracy and expediency (Monthly and quarterly reporting, IFD/IFR reportings, Long-form reports,…)
- Develop a framework for evaluating and reporting on potential threats or risks across all business units (including a control framework)
- Define the risk governance structure across the line of defence in coordination with the internal auditor
- Facilitate practical strategies for risk management and mitigation, addressing their root cause factors and potential consequences