About Carpool Core
BlaBlaCar maintains a global carpool inventory of several millions of trips published, searched & booked over its 22 countries. A back-end team is dedicated to managing this inventory, providing a simple and consistent interface to it for all teams.
- Validating & storing the publications of our drivers (incl. their route)
- Serving the internal search engine to display the results in the BlaBlaCar app & website
- Managing the lifecycle of bookings (requested, accepted, confirmed…)
- Providing key inventory information for all screens in the product requiring them
This is the core of the core of how BlaBlaCar works.
The PM on Carpool Core will be obsessed with one question: how can we generate value to our users and to BlaBlaCar by enabling the most impactful inventory-based features ?
Examples of challenges you will face :
- Adapting the eligibility rules for the display of Boost results in the search
- Owning the product rules & understand underlying architecture to the booking, to support all product decisions related to a key upcoming migration
- Better managing & leveraging our database of Meeting Points & Routes
- Linking the technical SLOs to the business impact
- Supporting the building of an actionable product strategy, working hand-in-hand with relevant PMs, the Head of Product and the Engineering Manager of Carpool Core.
- Defining the roadmap for the team, prioritizing the highest-value projects and fostering the right decision when arbitration is needed
- Managing the delivery of selected projects, liaising with all relevant stakeholders (engineering, product, legal, etc.) - as the gatekeeper of all user-facing (or not) changes
- Identifying user- and business opportunities