La Raison d’être d’AXA Climate est d’aider la planète Terre à devenir une véritable partie prenante de toutes les entreprises.
La Mission d’AXA Climate, c’est l’adaptation climatique et environnementale. Au service de cette mission, 4 différents métiers !
- La formation - via des contenus digitaux, scientifiques pour mettre en mouvement tous les collaborateurs, leur donner les compétences et les outils.
- Le conseil - pour impacter en local, via des actions d’adaptation concrètes.
- L’assurance et le financement - pour sécuriser celles et ceux qui s’adaptent, et impactent.
Natural disasters have a devastating impact on millions of people every year, cost billions in economic losses and reverse hard-won development gains in emerging economies. Climate change is already exacerbating these effects. But technology and data science advancements have opened the door to a powerful new tool to address this: parametric insurance provides an innovative means of transferring disaster risk to the international risk markets. Using satellite and other weather data as a proxy for losses on the ground, parametric insurance triggers payouts automatically when data indicates a disaster has struck. This has become a go-to risk transfer tool for governments and relief agencies to quickly access large volumes of liquidity after a catastrophe to provide emergency funding to affected populations.
AXA has been developing market-leading expertise in parametric insurance since 2014, building out a team of data scientists, climatologists and underwriters that specialize in all types of weather and climate risks as well as big data technologies. Driven by the success of its parametric solutions, AXA launched AXA Climate as a subsidiary in 2017 which is now active in over 40 countries.
AXA Climate has now expanded its offering to help reduce climate risk through the set up of a consulting arm. As consultants we are supporting the private and public sector to understand the impact of climate change on their assets over different time horizons and climate change scenarios. We also provide robust advice on adaptation solutions. This analysis is based on a state-of-the-art physical climate risk screening tool developed in-house by our scientists and data scientists. The team is mapping carbon footprints, developing decarbonization strategies and assessing transition risk and opportunities. We are also pioneering by focusing on nature. AXA Climate is helping organisations understand their impact on nature and their dependencies on ecosystemic services. We are also putting forward nature based solutions as the optimal way to support nature and become more resilient.
The Public Sector team is providing these services to non-private actors including publicly backed funds such as Development Finance Institutions and development banks, governments, municipalities, NGOs and international institutions like the UN.
The fast-growing, young and dynamic team is based out of Paris with offices in London, Shanghai, Sydney, Singapore and Santiago. The team works in a start-up mode but also benefits from the strong brand and support of AXA Group, a world leader in insurance with a footprint in 57 countries and annual revenue of ~EUR 100 bn. With this backing, AXA Climate is accelerating its expansion and providing more and more people with the means of addressing weather and disaster impacts and the threat of climate change.
The Public Sector Consultant will focus on business development and implementation of projects with public sector actors. This encompasses collaboration with multilateral development banks, international institutions, sovereign catastrophe risk pools, governmental and municipal entities as well as the Insurance Development Forum. The Consultant will work closely with the parametric and other consulting teams to further grow the parametric and adaptation business internationally.
The Consultant will contribute to the growth of the department by:
- Identifying new potential public partners to expand our network
- Maintaining good relationships with our existing PPP partners
- Respond to tenders and pitch proposals
- Implement projects mainly focusing on designing insurance schemes and climate screening
- Identifying new partners, pitching services, and maintaining good relationship with these contacts
- Managing existing partnerships with the public sector (e.g. Development Banks, Brokers, Risk modelers, International Institutions, Foundations, Government entities)
- Attendance at industry-wide networking events
- Maintaining Client Relationship Management tool
- Working with local AXA entities and AXA teams to grow the PPP network
- Preparing comprehensive business pitches for different stakeholders, adapted to their specific case and needs (e.g. international institutions, brokers)
- Initiating new lines of business where there is identified demand
- Monitoring and responding to public sector tenders independently or in collaboration with key partners: research, writing of tenders, coordination with AXA Climate technical experts to define the technical roadmap of the mission
- Support on implementation of tenders including both new and existing projects (eg. stemming from the Insurance Development Forum): Research, report writing, presentation, coordination with (re)insurance and other partners