La Raison d’être d’AXA Climate est d’aider la planète Terre à devenir une véritable partie prenante de toutes les entreprises.
La Mission d’AXA Climate, c’est l’adaptation climatique et environnementale. Au service de cette mission, 4 différents métiers !
- La formation - via des contenus digitaux, scientifiques pour mettre en mouvement tous les collaborateurs, leur donner les compétences et les outils.
- Le conseil - pour impacter en local, via des actions d’adaptation concrètes.
- L’assurance et le financement - pour sécuriser celles et ceux qui s’adaptent, et impactent.
As Legal (Re)Insurance Leader, your mission will be to support AXA Climate regarding legal matters related to (Re)Insurance legal matters acting as a strategic business partner. You will act as a key legal contact points for our (Re)Insurance Ecosystem and its external counterparts. You will be a key player
for enhancing deal efficiency and for securing our international expansion and the development of sophisticated new (re)insurance products.
The legal insurance leader will provide Legal & Compliance support to underwriting teams for deal execution purposes.
She / He rules the Legal & Compliance practice for the Insurance Ecosystem (in coordination with the Chief Underwriting Officer and Head of Legal):
- acts as a technical reference point for underwriting business units and provide clarity, advice on technical (wordings/policy) and regulatory topics;
- advises and consults on broker status related legal and regulatory matters across multiple jurisdictions;
- manages interface with risk carrier legal department, ensures compliance with risk carrier (legal)
- requirements and requirements of the parametric products/markets;
- provides clear framework for underwriters on legal and regulatory aspects for all key jurisdictions.
She / He acts as “pipeline leader” for the legal team (2 FTE):
- prioritizes issues and urgencies within the pipeline;
- secures execution (quality and timing) of policies/wordings within the underwriting process;
- decides on acceptable clauses or policy wordings in general proposed by brokers and/or
- ensures consistency and integrity, within wordings/ policies is maintained and reviewed on a regular
- manages and facilitates the amendment and drafting of policy wordings to ensure compliance with
underwriters’ intended depth and breadth of coverage.
She / He undertakes and facilitates policy wording development and control across all geographies. She / He supports the underwriting team for the development of new products across all geographies from legal side:
- manages and facilitate policy wording development for new products / perils / geographies;
- ensures compliance of new products and policy wordings with regulatory set-up and local regulatory
She / He provides knowledge management | training support to the SB Insurance for collective improvement purposes:
- develops and maintains appropriate training materials and ensure that all new staff receive
appropriate induction training.
- Act as a strategic business partner in all activities relating to (re)insurance
- Manage large and/complex negotiations and provide legal support to the business
- Identify the relevant stakeholders to be involved to achieve the appropriate governance
Analysis of legal risks and constraints
- Conduct and supervise robust legal risk assessment that substantiate recommendations, and advise on and determine appropriate actions to mitigate
- Raise business’ awareness of legal issues and ensure legal involvement at the appropriate stage
- Design, negotiate and monitor the conclusion of a wide range of agreements
- Implement and update templates of agreements in coordination with business partners
- Supervise outside counsel, including management fees structure
Contributing to internal know-how
- Carrying out legal watch, participate in the updating of the legal culture and the training of business teams