COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNITY
Time commitment: 4-6 months agreement (renewable)
Starting date: November 2022
Agreement type: “Contrat d’Insertion professionnelle”
Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office - Impact House, 20 Rue Joseph II, 1000 Brussels with home working days.
Ashoka is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic intern to join its Belgian office, a person with a proven commitment to social change and a solid understanding of social innovation. The intern will assist the Belgian team with key communications campaigns, helping with marketing materials, social media and newsletter content , and co-organizing events. The successful candidate will have excellent writing & communication skills in English and French/Dutch, has strong organizational, time management , and multitasking skills, and will be social-media savvy, self- motivated as well as a strong team player. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit/social entrepreneurship sector and take on considerable responsibilities.
Ashoka Belgium (100%)
External Communication (55%)
- Ashoka BE’s website: make recommendations on the next steps, support with content copywriting, storytelling and editing.
- Oversee the daily Social Media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram (Optional: TikTok) + Follow-up with the creation of Ashoka public LinkedIn profile
- Contents strategy: source, curate and create rich content for Ashoka’s social media channels, e.g. video, image and audio content. Tell our Fellows’ stories & Ashoka’s history.
- Launch external communication newsletter
- Public Relations Strategy: define the basic toolkit for medias and the pool of medias we could work with.
- Draft and oversee correspondence with key partners, media and prospects
Event and community Management (35%)
- Supporting the team in strategic guest list management.
- Organisation of events and follow-up of invites
- Leading and coordinating the logistical delivery of events – including online events.
- General support of the local teams in creating and implementing programmes and projects: content (PowerPoint presentation), logistics, writing.
- Assist team with the Impact Programme: help organize and attend workshops, publish articles of the entrepreneurs on social media, website.
- Assist team with the Youth for Change Programme, organize events/gatherings with the Young Changemakers for the year 2022.
- Administrative (10%)
- Complete certain administrative tasks relevant to the Programmes (for example database management on Salesforce) and necessary for the smooth running of the team
- Maintain and build contact database