Accor is a world leading hospitality group consisting of 5,300 properties and 10,000 food and beverage venues throughout 110 countries.
The group has one of the industry’s most diverse and fully integrated hospitality ecosystems encompassing more than 40 luxury, premium, midscale and economy hotel brands, entertainment and nightlife venues, restaurants and bars, branded private residences, shared accommodation properties, concierge services, co-working spaces and more.
Through its Planet 21 – Acting Here, Accor Solidarity, RiiSE and ALL Heartist Fund initiatives, the Group is focused on driving positive action through business ethics, responsible tourism, environmental sustainability, community engagement, diversity and inclusivity.
About Accor Group Purchasing Organization (Astore)
Astore is Accor’s Procurement function, that is revolutionizing the hospitality sector by offering products and services necessary to ensure the proper functioning of all hospitality businesses.
We have developed a one-stop-shop solution, covering most of hospitality needs and collaborating with 3,500 suppliers across the world. With a team of 200 experts serving 7,000 customers in 20 countries, Astore negotiates some of the best prices and conditions on the market. Astore is a fast-growing and innovative department (double-digit revenues growth) operating in an increasingly competitive environment.
Procurement function is global (with Corporate teams) and local (with teams based in 8 Hubs: Southern Europe, Northern Europe, IMEA, Pacific, South-East Asia, Greater China, North & Central America and South America).
Procurement Corporate organization has several poles: Hotel Procurement team (international category managers who negotiate the best deals for Astore customers), HQ Procurement team (buyers optimizing HQs spend), Procurement Lab (Shared Center, Digital…) and Strategy, Finance & Transformation team.
Accor is accelerating its transition to sustainable growth and affirming its environmental values. The Group is committed to deliver a sustainable hospitality model, making positive impacts, both locally and globally. This means integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria as fundamental to Accor strategy.
Among the key environmental ESG areas:
- Accor is aiming for net zero emissions by 2050 with intermediate targets and recently placed its first bond issue indexed to its sustainable development goals
- Accor committed to eliminate all guest-related single-use plastic items in the guest experience by the end of 2022
As the intermediary between Accor and all nominated suppliers, Astore is a key enabler of Accor Sustainability strategy. Astore is highly involved into:
- Accor sustainability projects
- Its own – urgent – transformation in terms of offers, processes & tools
Reporting to the Procurement Strategic Projects Director in the Strategy, Finance & Transformation team, the Procurement Strategy & Sustainability Projects Manager will contribute to all missions of this pole which consist in:
- Formulation, communication & monitoring of Astore Strategy, in direct collaboration with the Chief Procurement Officer and the Procurement Steerco
- Leading of strategic projects for the organization, including Sustainability projects, in close collaboration with Astore teams and other Accor departments
The Strategy & Sustainability Projects Manager will be specifically in charge of Sustainability strategic projects:
- Coordination of Procurement sustainability projects linked to Accor public commitments, e.g.,
- Acceleration / prioritization of the sourcing of alternatives to single-use plastic WW
- Co-definition of Astore Carbon roadmap (support to Accor teams for scope 1 & 2, action plan to be defined for scope 3)
- Coordination of Procurement sustainability projects linked to Accor Sustainability Strategy, beyond public commitments, e.g.,
- New offer of housekeeping subcontracting based on reinforced ESG criteria
- Development of F&B local offers
- Creation of a platform for the reuse of hotels’ furniture
- Sustainability Performance
- Definition of Procurement Sustainability KPIs, in collaboration with Procurement Steerco & COE (Center of Excellence)
- Monitoring & updates
- Sustainability business intelligence to give insights on Sustainability at Procurement level
The Strategy & Sustainability Projects Manager can also participate in all projects related to Strategy for Astore:
- “Strategic vision”:
- Elaboration of high-level presentations / reporting for Accor ExCom
- Formulation & monitoring of the Procurement annual strategic roadmap
- Business intelligence
- “Strategic projects”, in collaboration with:
- Procurement Steerco, e.g., investment plans
- Procurement Hubs / Corporate teams, e.g., organizational projects
- Other Accor departments, e.g., sustainability projects