The Organization and Role
About Access Now
Access Now is a growing international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About this role
The Web Content Coordinator strengthens, expands, and diversifies Access Now’s global online presence by leading the day-to-day management and development of the organization’s website and other online presences. The Web Content Coordinator creates, maintains, and administrates a robust system for Access Now Team Members to create, update, and catalog contents through our online presence - mainly our websites - through dexterity with content management platforms and comprehensive documentation.
The Web Content Coordinator operates within the Design and Creative Production Team, which in turn, acts as an internal design and development agency within the Organization. The Web Content Coordinator reports through the Head of Design and Creative Production, and works closely with the Senior Designer and the Web Developer. This role also collaborates with the Senior Editorial Manager, Senior Designer, Media and Communications Manager, and Digital Engagement Lead.
What you will do
- Create and maintain Access Now’s overall online content - namely the Organization’s websites - including online publications and campaign pages
- Conduct the web administration work for Access Now websites
- Assist in project management for the Design and Creative Production Team
- Work closely within the Communications and Engagement team to support the layout, SEO settings, and user experience control for the website’s diverse types of content, such as blogs, press releases, events, publications, and thematic pages
- Develop and document website backend processes and best practices
- Support Access Now Team Members in online content updating and maintenance through training
- Assist in managing the website content calendar in collaboration with Communications & Engagement Team colleagues
- Monitor, update, and archive Access Now’s online publications
- Assist in content curation for Access Now’s website’s homepage, campaign pages, and thematic pages
- Improve and support Access Now’s digital event production, including webinars, online events, and live-streaming
This is a full-time position, with location preferences that include Africa, Asia-Pacific/Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Europe (Belgium, Germany, UK), among others. At this time most Access Now Team Members are working through hybrid office arrangements, combining remote at-home work with intermittent use of offices and/or co-working spaces. The successful candidate must possess the right to work in the location in which they will be based. We are unable to sponsor visas or relocations for this role.
Access Now offers competitive compensation - in line with skills, preparation, and depth of experience - and benefits packages that align with our regional and office presences. While skills, experience, and the specific region/location drive compensation, examples of anticipated, initial placement within the salary range for this role include:
- between K250,000 and K300,000 KES gross monthly (Kenya)
- between $7,000 and $9,000 SGD gross monthly (Singapore)
- between £4,200 and £5,400 GBP gross monthly (United Kingdom)
Benefits for this specific role are tied to the location, and will vary. Regardless of location, all Team Members benefit from a strong global culture aligned around:
- Work-life balance...including a generous paid time-off program between 36 and 40 days annually
- Access to supplemental health care insurance policies
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Extensive workplace flexibility
- Organizational resilience and support for all team members, including paid family leave and employee assistance programs
- Connection to a diverse, global team of passionate, principled professionals
- Opportunities to recharge (including one month of paid refresher leave after 4 years)
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Résumé/CV (removing all personally identifying information such as age, gender, marital status, address, and photo)
- Thoughtful cover letter outlining your suitability for our role, with particular attention to your experience aligning to the core functions
Our hiring teams review applications submitted through our Career Openings page; email submissions are not accepted. Please note that if you are applying via a link in a 3rd party system (examples: Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Snaphunt, Zip Recruiter), be sure that you are going through the application link in BambooHR so that you are properly uploading a distinct Cover Letter and a separate CV/Resume.
In order for us to communicate with you on the status of your application, please add apps.bamboohr.com to your contacts list, and check spam or junk folders so that you do not miss updates from us.
We are a global human rights organization committed to inclusivity and equity, and seek the most talented team members who bring their true selves, with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We are interested in receiving applications from people who consider themselves as under-represented in their talent communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.