Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We have created an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), and we are building gigafactories in Hauts de France, Germany and Italy.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all.
PH.D THESIS CIFRE
EXPERIMENTAL CHARACTERIZATION AND MODELING OF THE THERMAL GRADIENT’S IMPACT ON THE AGING BEHAVIOR OF A BATTERY USED IN AUTOMOTIVE PROPULSION
The global objective of the Ph.D thesis is to develop a methodology to experimentally characterize and calibrate a model coupling aging phenomena and thermal gradient inside a battery. Eventually, this model will be implemented in a complete multi-physical model at module/pack level. The work is divided into several milestones:
§ Literature review
- Lithium-ion battery modeling
- Lithium-ion battery multi-physical behavior
- Battery cooling systems and components
§ Development of the test set-up
- Identify, design and optimize thermal management systems relevant to the issue
- Experimental characterization and validation of the selected test set-ups
§ Battery testing
- Battery aging tests at cell level for model calibration
- Battery aging tests at cell and module level for model validation
§ Aging model development and application
- Calibrate aging model at cell level with thermal-electrical coupling
- Develop aging model at module level with multi-physical coupling
- Model validation and application to real case scenario