As a talented Back-end Java developer, your role will be to take part of the development of functionalities for the online platform and the mobile app. You will use the Spring framework to realize, test and maintain functionalities oriented for all end users, both internal (Glimpact environmental engineers) and external (manufacturers and consumers).
Of course, you will collaborate with the rest of the team and participate in the brainstorming, analysis, and feature design meetings from the R&D division. You will follow an Agile development methodology allowing rapid and iterative developments, to quickly collect feedback from users and be able to adapt to changes.
- You write quality code, that is testable, readable and maintainable, with a
- high level of reusability and modularity.
- You can optimize and analyze the performance of your code.
- You proactively suggest solutions to problems. You have an end-user-oriented mind. You pay attention to detail.
- You constantly communicate with the rest of the team, via the appropriate communication tools (Teams, Jira, Confluence, Github / Bitbucket ...).
- You will ensure that knowledge within your fields of expertise is capitalized upon and will act as coach towards less experienced team members.
- You want to constantly learn, to discover new technologies.
- You can handle quick changes in priorities, and changes in scope.
- You are not afraid of challenges and the setting of very ambitious goals. Our ambition is proportional to that of the environmental transition!
- Bachelor, master or engineer's degree in Information system & Technology, or demonstrable equivalent relevant studies.
- Strong relevant work experience (5+ years) with Java (version 11+) oriented for back-end, with the Spring framework (MVC, security, data…).
- Strong experience with MongoDB.
- Good knowledge of web communication concepts: JSON, http(s), API…
- Good knowledge of Git.
- Experience with unit testing and CD/CI concepts.
- Good communication skills in English and French (spoken and written).
- You have a vision of a greener future.
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with Docker and micro-services approach.
- Experience in web frontend development with ReactJS.
What we offer
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your various skills and collect further experience in a young and fast-growing company. At Glimpact, we will offer you:
- A meaningful job: You will directly contribute to the environmental transition by supporting manufacturers and retailers in the evaluation, understanding and improving of their environmental performance, and helping consumers make sustainable choices.
- Passionate team: You will join a motivated and engaged team of co-founders and early employees, working in an open and inclusive atmosphere.
- Development opportunities: As a young and fast-growing company, we provide various opportunities to support your development throughout your career.
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of Glimpact: you will benefit from the "Stock options" allocation plan (sales of company shares under preferential conditions) reserved for company members and allowing them to become shareholders, under the conditions set by Glimpact.
Do you want to join the adventure and contribute to change this world?
Please send your application (curriculum, cover letter and any relevant online profiles: GitHub, StackOverflow, code portfolio…) to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us!